Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not able to view any movies. The working wheel just keeps spinning and the movie will not come up any more. can someone help me?
Does your question have anything to do with madVR, DSPlayer and External Players as stated in the thread title?

If not, I will split you off, but you need to give me more information than that.

1. What version Kodi
2. What operating system is Kodi installed on
3. Where are your movies coming from- Local hard disk, Network storage or Internet. If internet, which add-ons are you using?
4. Provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here.
Intrinsic to the guide. With the DisplayCAL program and Spyder 5 Elite colorimeter , I created a 3DLut profile for madVR , Watching a movie through from PC and TV . You see random streaks of yellowish more or less obvious spots, yellow beard, and so on ...It may be a problem of profiling and calibration performed badly?

Disable GPU Gamma Ramps must be enabled and / or disabled whit external 3DLUT files ?
(2017-08-15, 21:52)gotham_x Wrote: [ -> ]Intrinsic to the guide. With the DisplayCAL program and Spyder 5 Elite colorimeter , I created a 3DLut profile for madVR , Watching a movie through from PC and TV . You see random streaks of yellowish more or less obvious spots, yellow beard, and so on ...It may be a problem of profiling and calibration performed badly?

Disable GPU Gamma Ramps must be enabled and / or disabled whit external 3DLUT files ?

I don't have a lot of experience with 3D LUTs. You might want to ask the members of Doom9 or AVS Forum.
Thanks anyway , Unfortunately I am not registered Doom9 or AVS Forum. I redacted the 3D LUTs calibration and it seems to go better , I also do not have much experience with 3D LUTs.
You can give me an answer for that.
Disable GPU Gamma Ramps must be enabled and / or disabled whit external 3DLUT files ? and if I need do calibration for 3D LUTs ; PC and TV for both ?
Thanks
(2017-08-17, 09:46)gotham_x Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks anyway , Unfortunately I am not registered Doom9 or AVS Forum. I redacted the 3D LUTs calibration and it seems to go better , I also do not have much experience with 3D LUTs.
You can give me an answer for that.
Disable GPU Gamma Ramps must be enabled and / or disabled whit external 3DLUT files ? and if I need do calibration for 3D LUTs ; PC and TV for both ?
Thanks

Enable "Disable GPU gamma ramps." You should need only one 3D LUT.
in this way , if only one 3D LUT is necessary , which monitor it would be better be calibrated for a only 3D LUT , monitor PC and / or panel TV ?
(2017-08-18, 09:39)gotham_x Wrote: [ -> ]in this way , if only one 3D LUT is necessary , which monitor it would be better be calibrated for a only 3D LUT , monitor PC and / or panel TV ?

Definitely the TV.
In fact, that's what I did , after about six hours of calibration pattern the result that comes out It's pretty good , to calibrate the TV panel for 3D LUT it would take a probe as de calibration i1Display Pro and software HCFR or CalMAN but it remains an unexplored field for my experience In manual calibration.
I followed this guide at the bottom of the guide guide for self-calibration 3D LUT "coupled with the software DisplayCAL and colorimeter Spyder 5 Elite . Not the maximum for a TV panel calibration."

Over the guide for 3D LUT of AVSForum .You are aware of other complete guides for 3D LUT and madVR ?
How I can disable the LAV audio filter and use ReCLock for audio?
(2017-08-19, 16:14)mariouir Wrote: [ -> ]How I can disable the LAV audio filter and use ReCLock for audio?

The two are meant to be used together. ReClock will not decode any audio.

Install ReClock and then select it as the audio renderer. Leave LAV Audio alone. It will pass audio streams to ReClock.
Actually kodi Media Player Classic
The best program you have used is undisputed
Especially with lessons spread online
Which explains how to handle the settings
Thanks for the friend Warner306 who answers your queries
Here a question from a new user of the DSplayer build. I use DVBlink as PVR backend and know DSplayer isn't compatible with it (it crashes Kodi). But i guess with VideoPlayer merits it must be possible to tell Kodi that for LiveTV it should use the VideoPlayer instead of MadVR.
Problem is... i don't know how to do it Smile

Is there a wizard in this forum who has tackled this problem and wants to share the solution?

All help is appreciated. Big Grin

SOLVED: a friend just explained me to add PVR to the protocol merit. Now it works fine. Smile
Question about MVC 3D content.

I am running latest DSPlayer Kodi version with MadVR on a Nvidia GTX 1070 card. Here's my oddity:

If I manually turn on "3D" in the operating system (i.e., I manually change my display properties to 3d resolution and then open Kodi), I can watch MVC 3D .mkvs no problem. If my OS resolution is set to 2D 1080p before I open Kodi, the DSPlayer will try to play HSBS when I open the same MVC .mkv. Is this expected? Does everyone else have to manually make their OS resolution 3D before opening up Kodi? Or, is there a way to have the player play MVC correctly automatically?

Thanks for the guide and all the hard work that went into it. Loving MadVR so far!
Ok. So I've solved my problem above (I needed to have the "enable" radial button selected under Stereo 3D for "when playing 3D content"). I've now got a new problem however. If I only list 2160p options in display modes (I've got a JVC Projector that e-shifts to 4k) then my output is 2160p, scaled like I have it configured to. This works well for most of my sources, but obviously not 3D (since it's supposed to be 1080p23. But, if I add 1080p23 or 1080p24, then ALL of my videos default to that resolution BUT they still are scaled by MadVR.

The result is a 1080p screen that shows 1/4th of the total image of the movie since the movie file is being scaled to 4k. Any ideas?