Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Creating a custom Documentary menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please can anyone advise me in simple steps what I have to do so that I can go to the Kodi menu and have an item named "Documentary" inside which when scraped will show the all documentaries that are in my hard drive?

I have a Minix setup with 2x 4TB HD's. One drive contains a folder called Movies while the other HD contains two folders named TV, & Documentary. The TV & Movies files work perfectly within the Kodi system and I do not have a problem at all with the scraping and listing of both of them. My problem lies with trying to setup up Kodi to show the documentary's as a separate menu item. I really like to try and sort these things out myself and I have read a number of threads/Wiki/You Tubes but I just don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of what I need to do to make this work correctly.

Like the TV & Movies files, I have created a new source for the documentary files in the Video/Files area of Kodi, making sure it points to the Documentary folder in the HD. I chose the TVDB scraper when requested, and then I start asking questions.

Question 1
I have the Aeon Nox skin and have gone into System/Skin Settings and changed "Custom 1" to "Documentary". What I am not sure is what "Default select action" I should then be creating to enable the heading. What should I be doing from then onward to correctly create this new menu item named Documentary?

Question 2
Once above is done and configured, how do I define the library to update just the TV files or just the Documentation files, if they share the same scraper?

Any help would be much appreciated.