Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mac OS/X Temperatures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone familiar with 27" Macs running El Capitan temperatures? My Core 1 is showing 129deg C where the others are all in the 40 odd deg C range.

Is this a software glitch, im using HWMonitor; is there something better?

I know its off topic but im a little worried.

Also says the CPU and HDD fans are at 4k rpms but they are silent hmmm.

I was initially looking for a program called sensors which i run on unix and linux via the command line.
Noone has ever run a temperatue monitoring program on OS/X ? wow.
I only use a 2009 MBP, and before that an old big Power Mac G5, so I'm not sure what the normal temp is these days. However, it sounds like a bug in your program. I've used new iMacs a little bit, and you should be able to hear the fans if they are fully rev'ed up.
Yeah my thoughts exactly and 4000rpms would be heard and 129degC constant on one core hmm strange one, softwares called HWMonitor and looks pretty nice if it worked correctly altho my mac has been up for like over 8 months without reboot so i might reboot and see but i was trying for 12 months as my linux box is at a few days from that Smile Sad i know.

Windows is lucky to make 24hours hehe
i always thought hwmonitor was only ment to be used with hackintoshs...
i think iStat is much better for this purpose...
Memphiz: maybe thats why the readings are borked, i'll just remove it makes no difference to me what the temps on the mac are as it NEVER crashes EVER (Take note Microsoft)
This is how it looks when it works Wink (hackbook though...)

Loks the same here except the fans and temperatures are borked.
129 Degrees C does seems odd and out of spec.
I would definitely expect CPU throttling to be occurring at that temperature.

I use iStat Menus 5, the amount of detailed monitoring is quite amazing.

Where would i find a bin for that to try it out?
thanks wrxtasy got the software and my mac is not about to explode Smile (or capable of frying egges on the heatsinks) hehe
Ha Ha. I really put my iMac i5 through the wringer when compiling OpenELEC on a ORACLE Virtualbox running Ubuntu.
The CPU's Max out, The Heatsinks get up to 85 degrees C, not sure if thats in the egg frying temps range... Wink
Same here on my windows PC when compiling (or thats what i call it) rendering 3d models. 90 deg C on core 0 is not unusual but the other cores stay in the 70's but its worrying and it also uses over 10gbs ram eeeek
I use my mac for crash free daily use its been for months but the windows PC crashes sometimes daily world record i think is 1.5 months.

Linux is currently at 11.odd months same with unix hehe