Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to play 3D SBS in 2D mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I've some MKV 3D films I'd like to play on a 2D TV and I'm unable to find how to (SBS and TAB). Of course, the idea is having only one image of the film instead of two, so I want kodi to zoom/manage the video in way that "show only one of the eyes".

Among other options, I've try those menus:

-Settings, System, Video Output, steoroscopic 3D mode / Current, set to "Monoscopic / 2D"
-Settings, Video, Playback, Playback mode of steoroscopic 3D videos, set to "Monoscopic / 2D"

I've also try to add to the folder of the film and the mkv itself the text "[3D]", "SBS" and "[SBS]".
Unfortunately there is no way, I always have the double image instead of simple.

Is there any way to do this?

Many thanks in advance
Settings/Video/Playback/Playback Mode of Stereoscopic 3D Videos/"Monoscopic / 2D"

and

Settings/System/Video Output/Stereoscopic 3D Mode / Current/Disabled

You were close.
(2016-02-09, 22:03)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]Settings/Video/Playback/Playback Mode of Stereoscopic 3D Videos/"Monoscopic / 2D"

and

Settings/System/Video Output/Stereoscopic 3D Mode / Current/Disabled

You were close.

Many thanks for your answer, brazen1.

I've just try this config but I still have double image Sad

Any idea?

Regards
Well, I'm on Jarvis RC3 and just confirmed with a 3D SBS mkv and it worked perfectly. One image.
What is your folder and mkv file named exactly? Not that it should make a difference but it might.
(2016-02-09, 22:17)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm on Jarvis RC3 and just confirmed with a 3D SBS mkv and it worked perfectly. One image.
What is your folder and mkv file named exactly? Not that it should make a difference but it might.

I've a folder named "films" added and inside it I've the folders that contains films. One of those folders is"The Minions (2015) [3D]" and inside it there the MKV, named "The Minions (2015) [3D].mkv".

I've try to rename both (folder and MKV file) to "The Minions (2015) [3D] SBS" and "The Minions (2015) [3D] [SBS]" with no result.

Regards
The Minions (2015) .3D.SBS should be the folder name

The Minions (2015) .3D.SBS.mkv should be the file name.

Give that a try.
(2016-02-09, 22:30)brazen1 Wrote: [ -> ]The Minions (2015) .3D.SBS should be the folder name

The Minions (2015) .3D.SBS.mkv should be the file name.

Give that a try.

Great! It solves the problem Smile

I'll rename all the 3D films, hehe.

Many thanks for your help!!

Regards