Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16.0 Jarvis RC3 and 16.1 does not exit all the time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kodi 16.0 Jarvis RC3 does not exit all the time.
Note: This problem still exists on Kodi 16.1 Jarvis.

I have been giving Jarvis a spin on my Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS PC (32-Bit) and I have come
across an annoying intermittent bug.

Sometimes when I press "Exit" or try to turn off the PC from the Kodi shutdown menu the PC will
hang or restart Kodi.

The annoying thing is, it does not do it when I have the debug logging turned on.

Anyway, I have uploaded the logs I have and I will try to catch it when it happens again.

This bug did not happen on Isengard only on Jarvis.

Here are the logs:

Note: I have set these to be deleted after one month from 10-02-2016.

Thanks in advance.
Don't use big words if you don't know how to use them.
Lol I'm sorry I'm being a jerk tonight.
But seriously, your thread topic is illiterate and makes no sense. You should have used the word "always" instead.
Kodi 16.0 Jarvis RC3 does not exit always. Or better yet, does not exit all the time.
(2016-02-10, 09:18)ilovethakush Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use big words if you don't know how to use them.
But seriously, your thread topic is illiterate and makes no sense. You should have used the word "always" instead.
Kodi 16.0 Jarvis RC3 does not exit always. Or better yet, does not exit all the time.

I see what you mean now. It does not make sense.

I have edited the post. Is it OK now?
(2016-02-10, 09:18)ilovethakush Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use big words if you don't know how to use them.
Huh Intermittently = sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, not allways. English is not my first language, maybe the word is not spelled correctly but the meaning is there IMHO
I wasn't in the greatest mood last night, I shouldn't have been correcting anyone's grammar to begin with since I understood what you meant, so my apologies for that.

I don't want to get in to a debate about this but just for the record, for the above poster, I'm not talking about spelling, it really doesn't make any sense grammatically speaking. Intermittently = happens in intervals.
(2016-02-10, 18:25)ilovethakush Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to get in to a debate about this but just for the record, for the above poster, I'm not talking about spelling, it really doesn't make any sense grammatically speaking. Intermittently = happens in intervals.
Problem happens intermittently = it happens sometimes, irregularly, unpredictably.
Makes perfect sense, albeit the construction isn't the best.

You need a new dictionary. Tongue
Wow I'm really gonna get drawn in to debating this.
Intermittenly is not a synonym for randomly.
It means happening in intervals, intervals are not random.
Construction definitely isn't right either. You could reconstruct it by saying "kodi exits intermittently" but that changes the meaning completely.
When you're talking about pressing exit in Kodi, you are doing an action, so intervals are thrown out of the window as they do not apply. Like I already said above, the correct way to express that thought is "kodi does not exit all the time".

Source: I've been studying English my entire life.
You are wrong. Intermittently does not in any sense imply regular intervals.
An intermittent pain does not appear on the hour every hour.
Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. It's not predictable.
Ditto an 'intermittent fault' on a car. The mechanic's nightmare.
Would you like some definitions posting, or can you Google them yourself?

Source: I've been using English all my life. And teaching it for a few years. And I checked a few definitions - just out of interest.
'Kodi does not exit all the time' is horrible btw.
Please excuse me, if I jump into this (in my eyes - senseless) discussion....but in which way, except of teaching grammar, are you guys helping the OP? Wink

6 answers to this thread and none is related to the topic...not the best way to help him Wink

And yes, I know that my answer doesn't help him as well, but I can't do more because I don't have any clue why. But maybe my answer reminds you to do help him, if you are able to.

And, for the note...I don't care if my spelling, grammar, whatever is good or not Wink

No offense...just a reminder Wink
Trust me, if I knew how to help him, I would. Smile

As far as troggy goes, I'm not going to waste any more time arguing about this. If you dictionary.com the definition of intermittent, I guarantee you it says "something happening in intervals" or something like that.. Now you can say happening in random intervals, the adjective "random" alters the meaning of the phrase. Intervals alone are not random.

Kodi does not exit all the time is 100% constructiallly and grammatically correct so I'm not sure how you think that's horrible.

Let's just be done with this please.
(2016-02-10, 21:02)ilovethakush Wrote: [ -> ]As far as troggy goes, I'm not going to waste any more time arguing about this. If you dictionary.com the definition of intermittent, I guarantee you it says "something happening in intervals" or something like that.. Now you can say happening in random intervals, the adjective "random" alters the meaning of the phrase. Intervals alone are not random.
Bollocks.
I don't do grammar posts. Unless someone else starts showing off and gets it wrong. Which you have.

What do you think intermittent rain is?
What do you think an intermittent fault is?
What do you think an intermittent pain is?
Quote:Definition of intermittent in English:
adjective
Occurring at irregular intervals; not continuous or steady: intermittent rain.
Do you need a definition of irregular?
Surely shifting 'intermittently" in front of "does not exit" solves both your problems?

OP: Sorry, I can't help you. Perhaps revert to 15.2 and see if that results in a difference?
(2016-02-10, 21:28)Tikipeter Wrote: [ -> ]Surely shifting 'intermittently" in front of "does not exit" solves both your problems?

OP: Sorry, I can't help you. Perhaps revert to 15.2 and see if that results in a difference?
No, because ilovethakush doesn't know what intermittent means.

Intermittent failure to exit cleanly* is usually down to an add-on not shutting down properly. Sometimes the only solution is to selectively disable add-ons and test. Which is a pain when the problem is... intermittent.

*grammatical dissection welcomed.
Seems no one can spoke proper England
(2016-02-10, 21:39)marson Wrote: [ -> ]Seems no one can spoke proper England
word.
Pages: 1 2