Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I mean is that if it shows as Fox (USA) it will not show the studio icon on the details
here are the Pics
watch gallery
here are more explanations

watch gallery
@shaktoo

Guess you scrap studio info from IMDB, try TMDB insted
(2017-08-11, 17:41)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]@shaktoo

Guess you scrap studio info from IMDB, try TMDB insted

Scrape info from TVDB. Do not use IMDB for TV Shows, had trakt enabled earlier but now disabled it.

Actually Dan has this issue as well as in the pic he posted, He didn't realize it as he doesn't probably has icons / studio icons enabled in his skin .
I use icons heavy Aeon Madnox and hence its an issue with me.

So dan is this TVDB scraping issue ?
Could a setting be arranged to avoid mentioning Country beside Studio in NFO ?
The studio icons are skin related, Ember gets the studio info as it is given by TVDB. Ask your skin author to support it, or maybe you are using this or this which doesn't have the image for TNT (US)

EDIT: Just had a look at that skin, if you go here skin.aeon.madnox/extras/AltIcons/colorstudios/studios/TNT.png copy that file and rename the copy to TNT (US).png you should be fine. Or just using TMDB for studios https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/63645-agent-xit'll give you the TNT
(2017-08-11, 18:14)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]So dan is this TVDB scraping issue ?
Could a setting be arranged to avoid mentioning Country beside Studio in NFO ?

It's not really an issue, TVDB use TNT (US) to distinguish between the different TNT studios like TNT (US), TNT Latin America and so on. Same for Fox.

As @komplex said, you simply can copy the studio logo and rename it.

It will be possible to create a filter for Ember to remove all additional info in brackets. But maybe that will also remove usefull information. Create a feature request if you want a filter: Link
(2017-08-11, 18:46)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]The studio icons are skin related, Ember gets the studio info as it is given by TVDB. Ask your skin author to support it, or maybe you are using this or this which doesn't have the image for TNT (US)

EDIT: Just had a look at that skin, if you go here skin.aeon.madnox/extras/AltIcons/colorstudios/studios/TNT.png copy that file and rename the copy to TNT (US).png you should be fine. Or just using TMDB for studios https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/63645-agent-xit'll give you the TNT
Excellent suggestion ! such simple & straight forward which i have previously done for other uses . But on the other hand I think I will try & use tmdb as scraper and see if that resolves the issue because otherwise whenever my skin is refreshed from any changes in github it loses all changes.
Cheers Dan & komplex for your suggestions
(2017-08-11, 13:39)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-11, 12:34)shwetkprabhat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-10, 13:12)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Done: Tutorial - How to set Ember for MovieSet scarping

Awesome as always Smile

I have a question though, how do we scrape movieset NFO using EMM?

Done: Link

That was an amazing explanation! You are awesome, please PM me your paypal ID, I want to buy you a lot of beer Smile
(2017-08-12, 13:31)shwetkprabhat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-11, 13:39)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-11, 12:34)shwetkprabhat Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome as always Smile

I have a question though, how do we scrape movieset NFO using EMM?

Done: Link

That was an amazing explanation! You are awesome, please PM me your paypal ID, I want to buy you a lot of beer Smile
Thx. You can use the donation button in Ember.

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk
Movies with multiple parts

Duly checked the thread but could not find an answer.
There are some movies that have separate parts (e.g. Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz, Visconti's Ludwig etc.).
Noted that scraper only finds the first part, if any.
In order to add the remaining parts, I have been doing so:
- In the movie's folder I create a subfolder for each part;
- Copy the existing nfo from Part 1, paste it in each other folder and rename them to match each part's names;
- Edit entries' titles to match the part (usually as {title} - {subtitle});
- Directly edit each nfo SORTTITLE as {name}.nn;
- In the context menu, Scan folder for new content... for each part's folder.

Some manual work, but it's OK - there are not many.
However, there are two items that are stubborn and resisted to all my tricks.
- Kenji Mizoguchi's The 47 Ronin (tt0033654; 45978) and
- Aleksandr Sokurov's Confession Episode 2 (tt6261034).

I have tried everything but Ember still refuses to add an entry for Part 2.
How to do it?
Or else, is there a more "scientific" way to deal with movies in multiple parts?

Manually edited nfo for it with all pertinent data, tried Scan for new content..., eliminated Part 1 from database etc. etc. but no way.
Poster selection

(As this may be related to this version, I'm posting here.)

When (Re)scraping, Ember presents a screen with a number of posters; one of them (the upmost one) is already preselected.
Noted that the preselected one matches the Language in the nfo.

Even though it's possible to select another poster in that window, Ember never picks the selected one - it sticks to the preselected one.
Is there maybe a setting I'm missing that enables one to choose any poster?
(2017-08-12, 16:05)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-12, 15:54)pstrg Wrote: [ -> ]Poster selection

When (Re)scraping, Ember presents a screen with a number of posters; one of them (the upmost one) is already preselected.

Even though it's possible to select another poster in that window, Ember never picks the selected one - it sticks to the preselected one.
Preiswertes is besser in langer and resolution. Ist the contextmenu or die gerne + button zu select another nie.
Entschuldingen Sie... auf Englisch bitte!
Leider verstehe ich nur wenig Deutsch. Danke.

Edit
Understood (verstanden).
I was selecting image with mouse then hitting Enter (no right click).
(2017-08-12, 16:41)pstrg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-12, 16:05)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-12, 15:54)pstrg Wrote: [ -> ]Poster selection

Preiswertes is besser in langer and resolution. Ist the contextmenu or die gerne + button zu select another nie.
Entschuldingen Sie... auf Englisch bitte!
Leider verstehe ich nur wenig Deutsch. Danke.

Edit
Understood (verstanden).
I was selecting image with mouse then hitting Enter (no right click).
Wtf?!? New mobile, a little bit too much beer and auto correction.... Sorry Big Grin

Context menu or the green + that shows if you move the mouse over a image.

Responses for this thread come so amazingly quick that I believe an earlier post of mine (#1705) somehow went unnoticed; (in fact, already got answered a later one).

I'm coming back because after many attempts I could not yet trick Ember to include Part 2 of those items in the library.
Meanwhile, succeeded entering other multi part movies manually.
(2017-08-12, 14:14)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-12, 13:31)shwetkprabhat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-11, 13:39)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Done: Link

Thx. You can use the donation button in Ember.

Done! Not the first time and wont be last, you are just awesome!