Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-02-10, 10:27)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-10, 09:40)sanjonny Wrote: [ -> ]Since I am now using the wonderful folder scraper option (right click scan for new content) I am wondering if it is possible to automate renaming the tv show when using that.
Settings => Modules => Renamer => Default TV Renaming Patterns => Auto rename files during DB update 
Thanks Ill try it out. I know I looked at it but wasnt sure that was it.
(2020-02-09, 19:57)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-09, 16:08)crookers13 Wrote: [ -> ]hello

could anyone point me to the link for the latest version please?

the link on the daily build thread takes me to a google drive folder but the latest modified folder seems to be from May 2018.

cheers
The latest build is from 2018-12-09. You can find it on Komplex Google drive.
But I'm nearly done with a new build that fixes the most important bugs like YouTube, TVDb, OFDb and Kodi Interface. So maybe it's better to wait 2-3 days for the hotfix release. 

Will the new version allow you to order by differently named/allowed seasons? e.g. like this show which doesn't use season naming? https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chilling-...of-sabrina
(2020-02-11, 11:17)bornsurvivor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-09, 19:57)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-09, 16:08)crookers13 Wrote: [ -> ]hello

could anyone point me to the link for the latest version please?

the link on the daily build thread takes me to a google drive folder but the latest modified folder seems to be from May 2018.

cheers
The latest build is from 2018-12-09. You can find it on Komplex Google drive.
But I'm nearly done with a new build that fixes the most important bugs like YouTube, TVDb, OFDb and Kodi Interface. So maybe it's better to wait 2-3 days for the hotfix release.   

Will the new version allow you to order by differently named/allowed seasons? e.g. like this show which doesn't use season naming? https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chilling-...of-sabrina  
Season Naming is already possible, the TMDb scraper also supports scraping. But the Kodi JSON Interface does not allow it to sync as i know (have to check that with the latest Kodi version).
This release will only be a hotfixed version, not the long awaited "new" version. The "new" version has season title fully implemented with a blacklist for generic season title like "Season 1" in all languages. The "hotfixed" version scrapes any season title, also the generic ones with is non-sense.

Edit: Kodi 18.x supports movieset plot and season title sync via JSON. But I've added only movieset plot to the "hotfix" release because Ember saves a generic language dependent title for each season and it's pointless to save that in Kodi. A proper solution comes with the "new" version of Ember.
(2020-02-11, 13:17)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-11, 11:17)bornsurvivor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-09, 19:57)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]The latest build is from 2018-12-09. You can find it on Komplex Google drive.

Season Naming is already possible, the TMDb scraper also supports scraping. But the Kodi JSON Interface does not allow it to sync as i know (have to check that with the latest Kodi version).
This release will only be a hotfixed version, not the long awaited "new" version. The "new" version has season title fully implemented with a blacklist for generic season title like "Season 1" in all languages. The "hotfixed" version scrapes any season title, also the generic ones with is non-sense.

Edit: Kodi 18.x supports movieset plot and season title sync via JSON. But I've added only movieset plot to the "hotfix" release because Ember saves a generic language dependent title for each season and it's pointless to save that in Kodi. A proper solution comes with the "new" version of Ember. 

@DanCooper Hopefully, my last post made sense. I don't think I worded it properly.

What I was wanting was, say for example with that particular show that I am able to scrape by "Parts" instead of "Seasons" as that's the only way to grab the correct metadata for this show and others like it.
I know that the program already does DVD order and Absolute Order but will there be/can you put in Flexible Seasons as the blogpost describes here "https://www.thetvdb.com/blog/something_new" to this hotfix version as metadata won't get scraped properly otherwise with tvdb.

thanks