Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-13, 04:12)Moukrea Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed something about artworks scraping... What Ember is looking for to download them while scraping in automatic mode? I first thought it was the best rated one, then the most downloaded one.. But it seems to not make any sense, I checked several movies in Fanart TV and it differs all the time, sometimes it's the most downloaded one, sometimes the best rated, sometimes none of them, just seems to be a random pick! Indeed it's obviously not as it will always scrape the same artwork...

What's the logic behind that? Is there a way to download the best rated one automatically? Thanks!!

Images are always filtered and grouped by language, then sorted by size inside the language groups. While autoscraping, Ember search the first image the contains your preferred settings. If you have selected a preferred size, Ember use the first image that has this size. If the preferred size has not been found and you don't have enabled "Only this size", Ember use the biggerst one of your media language.

Votes and ratings are ignored. I can't compare two different rating systems (x/10 and xxxx "thumbs up").
Thanks, still there is something I don't get, for the diskart for exemple, it all get them from Fanart.tv and it's nor the first one of the list, nor the biggest one as they're all the same size, nor the most downloaded one... I guess you made a priority to pick up the artwork but I can't get what it is...

Oh, just in case, is there a way to ignore diskart labelled "3D" because I get many of these while I don't have any 3D movies (well I have some in BR disks, but not within my Kodi library)

That may be it! Maybe Ember picks up alphabetically, like "3D" goes before "Bluray", "Bluray" before "DVD" and so on

EDIT: Another little thing, it's not really important but I'm just willing to know... I get Certifications for France, to display them in Kodi I ticked "Use certifications for MPAA (XBMC)" and it works perfectly. Indeed, it shows certifications this way: France:Tous Publics, France:12... there's France everywhere (which make sense since it picks it up from IMDb and the country is written for every Certifications), but is there a way to get rid of the "France:" text automatically for all my movies?

Not a really big deal, just wondering

Thanks again!
(2016-12-13, 18:48)Moukrea Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, still there is something I don't get, for the diskart for exemple, it all get them from Fanart.tv and it's nor the first one of the list, nor the biggest one as they're all the same size, nor the most downloaded one... I guess you made a priority to pick up the artwork but I can't get what it is...

Oh, just in case, is there a way to ignore diskart labelled "3D" because I get many of these while I don't have any 3D movies (well I have some in BR disks, but not within my Kodi library)

That may be it! Maybe Ember picks up alphabetically, like "3D" goes before "Bluray", "Bluray" before "DVD" and so on

EDIT: Another little thing, it's not really important but I'm just willing to know... I get Certifications for France, to display them in Kodi I ticked "Use certifications for MPAA (XBMC)" and it works perfectly. Indeed, it shows certifications this way: France:Tous Publics, France:12... there's France everywhere (which make sense since it picks it up from IMDb and the country is written for every Certifications), but is there a way to get rid of the "France:" text automatically for all my movies?

Not a really big deal, just wondering

Thanks again!

"Discarts" are only sorted and filtered by language. I will support more filters and options for this image type in a later version of Ember. If you're interested: Sourcecode of "Get Preferred"

Certifications always contains "Country:#". But you can filter them to an specified country in Settings => Movies => Scarper-Data => Global fields => Certification => Filter.
The node <certifications> will be ignored by Kodi, only the node <mpaa> will be readed.
All of a sudden, Ember is not working at all for me. At first I thought it might be because I was still running the old 1.47 beta, so I upgraded to the latest 1.48 Alpha, but it's still not working. When I go to scrape/rescrape content it just takes for ever to come back and then it doesn't seem to find any artwork at all. Is there a log file, or any debugging stuff I can turn on?
(2016-12-15, 19:07)niksimpson Wrote: [ -> ]All of a sudden, Ember is not working at all for me. At first I thought it might be because I was still running the old 1.47 beta, so I upgraded to the latest 1.48 Alpha, but it's still not working. When I go to scrape/rescrape content it just takes for ever to come back and then it doesn't seem to find any artwork at all. Is there a log file, or any debugging stuff I can turn on?
.\Ember Media Manager\Logs

Try to disable the GoEar scraper if that one is enabled.
OK, I can't even see a "GoEar" scraper in the list for Movie scrapers. The scrapers I Use for Movies are:
1. Data - TMDB, no trailers
2. Images - TMDB

Scrapers for Trailers and Themes are both disabled. After supposedly scraping for images I the normal selection screen, but each image thumbnail is blank, and it takes forever to load (multiple minutes on a gig Fibre connection). Looking in the log, each image download is recorded with an Error

EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()* at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()"

I'm not using a private key for TMDB (but I never have in the past either and it worked fine)
(2016-12-15, 23:05)niksimpson Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I can't even see a "GoEar" scraper in the list for Movie scrapers. The scrapers I Use for Movies are:
1. Data - TMDB, no trailers
2. Images - TMDB

Scrapers for Trailers and Themes are both disabled. After supposedly scraping for images I the normal selection screen, but each image thumbnail is blank, and it takes forever to load (multiple minutes on a gig Fibre connection). Looking in the log, each image download is recorded with an Error

EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()* at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()"

I'm not using a private key for TMDB (but I never have in the past either and it worked fine)

GoEar is a movie Theme scraper.
Please upload the full log to pastebin.com or a full part of a scraped movie (begins with something like [Movie Scraper] [Start] Movies Count [x] and ends with [Movie Scraper] [Done] Scraping).
Getting some wierd behavior with multi-part/disc files.

Example:
The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Disc 1) (2001).mkv
The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Disc 2) (2001).mkv (Doesn't show up)
The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (Disc 1) (2003).mkv
The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (Disc 2) (2003).mkv (Doesn't show up)
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (Disc 1) (2002).mkv
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (Disc 2) (2002).mkv (Doesn't show up)

Out of 1304 movies, EMM accepted 1296, so I seem to be missing 8 movies. 5 of them are due to this bug, not sure how to figure out what the remaining 3 are.

EDIT: Found them, they are the 3 "The girl who kicked the hornets nest" movies, which also have 2 parts each. These ones are labelled as "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Part 1) (2009).mkv" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Part 2) (2009).mkv". Seems like EMM doesn't like to detect two parts/discs at once - they use to detect fine so not sure if it's a config issue or regression from an update. Renaming all movies to "D1" "D2" instead and EMM picks them up.
(2016-12-16, 05:55)Tyrindor2 Wrote: [ -> ]Getting some wierd behavior with multi-part/disc files.

Example:
The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Disc 1) (2001).mkv
The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Disc 2) (2001).mkv (Doesn't show up)
The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (Disc 1) (2003).mkv
The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (Disc 2) (2003).mkv (Doesn't show up)
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (Disc 1) (2002).mkv
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (Disc 2) (2002).mkv (Doesn't show up)

Out of 1304 movies, EMM accepted 1296, so I seem to be missing 8 movies. 5 of them are due to this bug, not sure how to figure out what the remaining 3 are.

EDIT: Found them, they are the 3 "The girl who kicked the hornets nest" movies, which also have 2 parts each. These ones are labelled as "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Part 1) (2009).mkv" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Part 2) (2009).mkv". Seems like EMM doesn't like to detect two parts/discs at once - they use to detect fine so not sure if it's a config issue or regression from an update. Renaming all movies to "D1" "D2" instead and EMM picks them up.

You might want to review
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
for multi-part movies.

But I've also had issues with movies that genuinely have two parts. Like Harry Potter #7 or Kill Bill. I don't think that's been resolved yet, but I can't remember.
Hi Dan,

Would you happen to know why Ember doesn't recognize NFOs from tinyMediaManager?

Ember is by far the best media manager but i am forced to use MediaElch and tinyMediaManager for scraping adult stuff. TMDb doesn't have 90% of the movies so i can't use Ember.

MediaElch scrapes from Adult DVD Empire but doesn't do the Year and release date so i have to go do that manually after in Ember.

tinyMediaManager can use Kodi scrapers which is awesome but the UI is horrible and Ember cannot read the resulting .nfo

I remember a long time ago there was a plan to have Ember use native Kodi scrapers... Is this still something that is coming eventually? Can another financial contribution speed the process along? Smile

If Ember were to support native Kodi XML scrapers it would be the undisputed king of media managers!

-Pr.
(2016-12-19, 01:25)Pr.Sinister Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dan,

Would you happen to know why Ember doesn't recognize NFOs from tinyMediaManager?

Ember is by far the best media manager but i am forced to use MediaElch and tinyMediaManager for scraping adult stuff. TMDb doesn't have 90% of the movies so i can't use Ember.

MediaElch scrapes from Adult DVD Empire but doesn't do the Year and release date so i have to go do that manually after in Ember.

tinyMediaManager can use Kodi scrapers which is awesome but the UI is horrible and Ember cannot read the resulting .nfo

I remember a long time ago there was a plan to have Ember use native Kodi scrapers... Is this still something that is coming eventually? Can another financial contribution speed the process along? Smile

If Ember were to support native Kodi XML scrapers it would be the undisputed king of media managers!

-Pr.

tinyMediaManager use empty strings for Integer nodes. If Ember can't import an NFO, please check the log file. The bad line in NFO will be reportet as e.g. "8,10" (means line 8, position 10).

XML/Kodi scraper support coming soon. A donation does not speed up the release (I can't buy more time with money) but it's always a good way to support open source dev's :-)
Hello all,

For Movies and TV Shows, I keep the "Use Duration for Runtime" option enabled. I noticed recently that nearly all of my Movies and TV Shows were showing 0 for duration. Moving from the x64 to the x86 version of Alpha 23 didn't fix the issue. Looking back, I realized that the issue started when I updated from Alpha 22 to 23. Rolling back to Alpha 22 has fixed the issue.

Has anyone else noticed this?
(2016-12-24, 22:45)KevinSartori Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

For Movies and TV Shows, I keep the "Use Duration for Runtime" option enabled. I noticed recently that nearly all of my Movies and TV Shows were showing 0 for duration. Moving from the x64 to the x86 version of Alpha 23 didn't fix the issue. Looking back, I realized that the issue started when I updated from Alpha 22 to 23. Rolling back to Alpha 22 has fixed the issue.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Bug in latest Alpha. I've not recognized that MediaInfo has changed the output =( Will be fixed in next release.
Eh, so I spent like 30 minutes wondering why Kodi didn't update the library from the files/nfo scrapped with Ember (only tested one movie). For some reason, it just wouldn't find any new movies when I selected update library, I have no idea why.

My folder structure is basically movies\title name (year)\
Inside the title name (year) folder, is generally

----- MovieTitle_Year_Resolution_Bluray_x264_Scene.mkv
----- MovieTitle_Year_Resolution_Bluray_x264_Scene.nfo
----- Probably .idx and .sub for subtitles on occasions.

Now in the past, I use to use these settings in the old Ember...

Poster = movie.tbn (because apparently .tbn was the way to go, but it seems its not anymore?)
Fanart = fanart.jpg
NFO = movie.nfo

For this new version of Ember, I just followed komplex screenshots, except I use movie.nfo instead of <filename.nfo>. This allows me to keep the original NFO file that comes with your download most of the time. It there any reasons not to use movie.nfo / any advantages to use <filename.nfo>?

I also don't store actor thumbs, extrathumbs, extrafanart. I believe the actor thumbs are DL'ed from the net automatically, and stored as on C: somewhere inside Kodi, so if the same actor is found in a different movie, they simply use that same image, rather than having multiple duplicates in each movie folder.

----

Also, I really have no idea why the default settings of Ember did not scrape / find anything in Kodi. The silly thing is, I tried the default settings again, after changing from the "expert" settings, and it did find the new movies / update the kodi library, so that had me stumped as to why it didn't work the first time. I believe a poster a few pages back had a similar problem, so that was indeed strange.
(2016-12-26, 08:55)leftywhat Wrote: [ -> ]Eh, so I spent like 30 minutes wondering why Kodi didn't update the library from the files/nfo scrapped with Ember (only tested one movie). For some reason, it just wouldn't find any new movies when I selected update library, I have no idea why.

My folder structure is basically movies\title name (year)\
Inside the title name (year) folder, is generally

----- MovieTitle_Year_Resolution_Bluray_x264_Scene.mkv
----- MovieTitle_Year_Resolution_Bluray_x264_Scene.nfo
----- Probably .idx and .sub for subtitles on occasions.

Now in the past, I use to use these settings in the old Ember...

Poster = movie.tbn (because apparently .tbn was the way to go, but it seems its not anymore?)
Fanart = fanart.jpg
NFO = movie.nfo

For this new version of Ember, I just followed komplex screenshots, except I use movie.nfo instead of <filename.nfo>. This allows me to keep the original NFO file that comes with your download most of the time. It there any reasons not to use movie.nfo / any advantages to use <filename.nfo>?

I also don't store actor thumbs, extrathumbs, extrafanart. I believe the actor thumbs are DL'ed from the net automatically, and stored as on C: somewhere inside Kodi, so if the same actor is found in a different movie, they simply use that same image, rather than having multiple duplicates in each movie folder.

----

Also, I really have no idea why the default settings of Ember did not scrape / find anything in Kodi. The silly thing is, I tried the default settings again, after changing from the "expert" settings, and it did find the new movies / update the kodi library, so that had me stumped as to why it didn't work the first time. I believe a poster a few pages back had a similar problem, so that was indeed strange.

Don't know what versions of Ember and Kodi/Xmbc you coming from but your naming scheme is old and legacy. Ember use the same as Kodi and it's been like this since the Frodo version come out.

For the actor thumbs, you don't need to download every picture, you can have an URL inside the nfo and both Ember and Kodi will use that

If you get Ember to recognise your current naming scheme you can let Ember rewrite everything for you to the new standard, you don't have to do it manually