Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any plans to include scraping filesize? Thanks.
(2016-12-26, 12:24)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know what versions of Ember and Kodi/Xmbc you coming from but your naming scheme is old and legacy. Ember use the same as Kodi and it's been like this since the Frodo version come out.

For the actor thumbs, you don't need to download every picture, you can have an URL inside the nfo and both Ember and Kodi will use that

If you get Ember to recognise your current naming scheme you can let Ember rewrite everything for you to the new standard, you don't have to do it manually

What part of my naming scheme is old exactly? It's hard for me to keep up Sad
I assume you just mean movie.tbn should be renamed to poster.jpg? If ember can re-write movie.tbn to poster.jpg, then that would be awesome and I'll look into it shortly Smile

You are also correct, I forgot that the actor images are stored as a URL in the NFO file, so I'm glad I use 'expert' settings in Ember (as shown as komplex screenshots) and just turn it off (yes I know I don't need to use expert mode to do that, but it is on by default, which imo it shouldn't be).

I also definitely prefer "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" compared to the default Filename-poster and Filename-fanart which usually ends up as a fairly long file name. Surely that is not legacy by using poster.jpg instead of filename-poster,jpg?
(2016-12-27, 08:56)leftywhat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-26, 12:24)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know what versions of Ember and Kodi/Xmbc you coming from but your naming scheme is old and legacy. Ember use the same as Kodi and it's been like this since the Frodo version come out.

For the actor thumbs, you don't need to download every picture, you can have an URL inside the nfo and both Ember and Kodi will use that

If you get Ember to recognise your current naming scheme you can let Ember rewrite everything for you to the new standard, you don't have to do it manually

What part of my naming scheme is old exactly, because it still works perfectly fine in Kodi v16.1 from what I can see.
I assume you just mean movie.tbn should be renamed to poster.jpg? If ember can re-write movie.tbn to poster.jpg, then that would be awesome and I'll look into it shortly Smile

You are also correct, I forgot that the actor images are stored as a URL in the NFO file, so I'm glad I use 'expert' settings in Ember (as shown as komplex screenshots) and just turn it off (yes I know I don't need to use expert mode to do that, but it is on by default, which imo it shouldn't be).

I also definitely prefer "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg" compared to the default Filename-poster and Filename-fanart which usually ends up as a fairly long file name. Surely that is not legacy by using poster.jpg instead of filename-poster,jpg?

Yes Kodi supports it but it's still legacy and one day it may be removed, check the wiki for reference
I think the long name came for people that had all movies in one big folder (no separate ones) so a poster.jpg doesn't work in that use case
Clean fresh install.

Add K:\boxee\TV Shows (HD)\Shooter as a tv source as single show.

Was already scraped, setup with fan art and posters and nfo files.

Add 2 new episodes and update library. Show up as Shooter S01E06 and Shooter S01E07.

Right click on either episode and choose (Re)Scrap Episode.

Image Select screen opens up to empty (blank) Poster selection.

I can hit OK or cancel, goes to same next screen, Edit Episode.

It's basically blank, only shows title of Shooter S01E06 and season and episode number.

So how are you suppose to add new episodes after the season or show has already been scrapped?

If I delete everything and just start over scrapping as a new show it works as expected.

Again, clean install. Did not change a single setting.

If I try and scape a poster for any episode I get poster not found, even though they all have posters online @ https://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=311900&lid=7

Edit: Alpha 14 loads episode posters just fine. And even loaded show info fine on Update Libary. So looks like something major has broken between alpha 14 and alpha 23.

Settings screen takes forever to load, more often that not shows not responding for a bit.
Is there a way to create a set directly from selecting movies? Eg. I select 2 Aliens versions (extended+theatrical) and create a set directly from those? Or do I have to go to the set tab first?
(2016-12-29, 09:41)Chrolm Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to create a set directly from selecting movies? Eg. I select 2 Aliens versions (extended+theatrical) and create a set directly from those? Or do I have to go to the set tab first?

Not yet, but sound's like a good idea.
How can I enable a more detailed log? For instance when scraping Starship Troopers I'm getting the original script as title "Bughunt in Outpost Nine" - which is weird. I've only enabled IMDB and TMDB as scrapers. It's happening to other titles as well. The log doesn't say where it's getting the title from - only that it's scraping the two sites.
(2016-12-27, 04:37)wheatfield Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any plans to include scraping filesize? Thanks.

Should be available in Alpha 24 (readed while Meta Data scan).
(2016-12-31, 11:31)Chrolm Wrote: [ -> ]How can I enable a more detailed log? For instance when scraping Starship Troopers I'm getting the original script as title "Bughunt in Outpost Nine" - which is weird. I've only enabled IMDB and TMDB as scrapers. It's happening to other titles as well. The log doesn't say where it's getting the title from - only that it's scraping the two sites.

The log mode "Trace" is fully enabled in all beta/alpha builds.
I think you've enabled "Force title language: USA". IMDB has listed "Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine" as "USA (original script title)". Sometimes the result is not perfect..
Not sure if that's already known (don't want to read 62 pages), but i found metadata scanning in alpha 23 for episodes doesn't work. When scraping the complete season, it gets all metadata except for duration of the episodes. It reports zero in every episode, and when opening the corresponding nfo it says <runtime>60</runtime> for every episode, which is wrong.

Edit: tested it with already scraped movie, rescanning metadata sets runtime to zero, too.
Duration is broken in Alpha 23.
(2017-01-08, 22:20)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Duration is broken in Alpha 23.

Thanks for the quick response.

Can i go back to Alpha 22 without loosing profiles? I found this being a super useful feature.
Duration is not important for Kodi. Kodi use own informations anyway.
Alpha 22 use an older database version. That means Alpha 22 re-use the database from the point you have upgraded to 23.
I still whould use the latest Alpha and rescrape the metadata if next Alpha has been released.
Is there a way to lock MOVIES/TV SHOWS in the xml file so that if I remove a source and re-add it, EMM knows I locked it previously?
I saw this once in another media scanner.
(2017-01-08, 22:31)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Duration is not important for Kodi. Kodi use own informations anyway.

if Kodi database is filled from "local info only" scrapers (which it should when getting all important data in ember), it reads the incorrect duration from nfo files, which leads to wrong or missing info.

That's why i found this bug. In Kodi duration info is missing and kodi displays wrong ending time then.

kodi thinks this episode is 60 mins long, but it's 41 mins.