Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Another sincere 'THANK YOU' thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi folks. This is aimed at Spiff, Jmarshall, Pike, kraqh3d, darkie and everyone else that is involved in XBMC. I have been a lurker on here for sometime and have been using XBMC for as long as I can remember. I want to personally say thank you for giving us this truly outstanding software. It is one of the most impressive products that I have ever used in all my years in IT. You have made a product that is so well polished, the attention to detail is fantastic, the functionality is spot on and you really get the feeling that an awful lot of hard work, forward thinking and love is poured in to it.

Without question you have actually managed to positively impact a hell of a lot of people's lives with 'simply' a piece of software, be proud of yourselves. Just in my life for example this let's the other half and I spend a lot more time together as it gives us access to a huge library of films/tv shows to watch together. We use it every single day, it is indispensable to us. We both love how easy it is to use, how reliable it is, how good it looks, there isn't 1 single thing that we don't like about it. Now this isn't bragging but I am going to just say what we have in the main living room. We have a very high spec pc with MCE2005 on it, running DVI out to an Optoma 65" DLP screen which fills the room with a great picture, DTS audio etc etc. However it hardly gets used as we would rather relax in front of our little 26" 720p LCD screen with XBMC doing it's thing upscaled. There simply is no comparison. Darling wouldn't know what to do with herself if she didn't have the weather available to her like she has through XBMC!

Don't let all these nuggets get to you with their 'Teh xbox is dead, port, port, port!' threads. I don't think they appreciate what they have. There is nothing wrong with the Xbox, it is a still a brilliant tool for your software, the vast majority of the world doesn't use or need true hi-def anytime soon and even then XBMC/Xbox does a great job of playing hi-def rips etc at 480i/p/720p. IF there comes a time when you find there is genuinely great hardware out there that you could switch too that would be a good natural progression, ms-based or otherwise then I am sure you will decide perfectly well yourselves and it will no doubt be just as outstanding as what you have already built. All you guys moaning about not porting this software just back off and give these guys a break. Appreciate that THIS SOFTWARE IS FREE and also happens to be by far the best product of it's class I think most folks will agree. Just because it is so good, it doesn't mean that it should me ported to anything else. There is nothing wrong with specializing.

Once again, THANK YOU GUYS! Since getting my xbox I have heavily modded 3 others for friends and they all feel exactly the same way and can't believe what they used to resort to before being shown the light!

Cheers,

Nick Smile.
cheers.

always nice to be reminded there are appreciative ppl out there as well ;P
spiff Wrote:cheers.

always nice to be reminded there are appreciative ppl out there as well ;P

Well... at least thanks to you i'm learning Python... Smile
I'd like to echo everything Footlong has said. XBMC is the finest home media solution out there and looks fantastic on an HD TV, imho there's no rush to port to anything.

All hail everyone involved in XBMC, I know it'll always have a place below my TV Nod

Klaus
full ack, couldn't have said it better.
Same as!! couldn't word it better!

Thank you all! your hard work is really appreciated! Nod
Infact this Should be The longest post in the forum! no doubt about it! Not some thread full of people hasseling about the next gen hardware port that isnt happening!

Thanks again!
Couldn't agree more, XBMC has changed our lives too and can't believe the level of support offered for a free, no-strings attached product. I love it and really can't find anything to match it.

NizZ8

Yeah great work guys... You've come quite a long way from the early revs of XBMP Smile. I continue to use this frontend on a daily basis, and haven't seen anything that even comes CLOSE to this app. Thanks again!
xbmc 4-ever
I, too, would like to say "thank you" to all the hard working developers. You guys have truly made a fantastic piece of software that will only get more popular as you branch out to Linux. I cannot wait to see what you have in store for the future, and hope to be along for the ride. Cheers, and thank you again for making XBMC what it is today- a quality piece of software that outshines the rest. Smile
The Xbox is the only piece of hardware I use on a daily basis and it's all because of XBMC. I'm seriously thinking of buying a second Xbox just in case this one dies after years of faithful service.

I have never seen any mediacenter-like app anywhere (commercial or otherwise) that comes close to what XBMC does. It's truly a best-of-breed app. A 10 out of 10. A shining example of open source software. Thanks to all involved!
world90 Wrote:The Xbox is the only piece of hardware I use on a daily basis and it's all because of XBMC. I'm seriously thinking of buying a second Xbox just in case this one dies after years of faithful service.

I have never seen any mediacenter-like app anywhere (commercial or otherwise) that comes close to what XBMC does. It's truly a best-of-breed app. A 10 out of 10. A shining example of open source software. Thanks to all involved!

I'd like to re-iterate everything said by everyone else. In fact my first thread in the support forum ended up being a 5000 word epic mostly in praise of XBMC and its creators. I didn't get around to asking my actual support questions till my third post in the thread!Big Grin

As I posted in that thread, XBMC has changed the way we watch TV in our house. I now have 4 xboxes running XBMC. All 4 are used every single day by someone. My hard working father has gotten to watch more shows in his free time since I got XBMC then he did in his whole life up till then. He was a luddite who couldn't programme a vcr, hated to bother us by asking us to record stuff for him, hated to have to watch something in the room where it happened to be recorded to VCR/DVD HDD recorder etc. Thus he never bothered following/getting into any TV series

Now the luddite has taught himself how to use XBMC and is following about 10 shows a week now, all downloaded to the NAS to be watched at his leisure. For someone who used to almost fall asleep when I talked technology, he is now like a kid waiting for christmas and excited by the prospect of having our entire 600 disc dvd collection available in the next few weeks on the NAS. Amazed by the cool 3d thunmbnails for the dvd covers, amazed that he will be able to pick a movie by filtering by director,actor, genre etc.......Amazed that he won't have to get up of his ass and pick a dvd from the shelves in the home theater and put it in a tray and then remember to put it back in its case and back on the shelf. Amazed that he is one click away from playing any movie in our collection!!

All credit to the designers of the interface that a 60 year old man not only wanted to get to grips with it on his own but actually was able to get to grips with it quite quickly.

I hope you guys get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when you hear of the positive affect XBMC has had on peoples lives. That may sound melodramatic but its true. KUDOS!!Big Grin
NodI must include my love for the developers of XBox Media Center. I can't even imagine anymore or don't want to what life were before XBMC.

I watch a lot of movies so XBMC shot right in the eye. And now, when the features are sooo vast as they are, My livingroom hasn't been the same as before: I watch media streams around the world, CNN, movies from my Server, NetRadios.. eMails...

I have one remotecontroll where All my devices controlls are learnd in... one rod of power!

There is no way a Man can live without this one of a kind solution developed, on still kicking hardware.

Thank you, from the bottom of my remotecontroll to the world.
My XBOX is a version 1. I bought it about 3 weeks after it came out. I played HALO...poked around some other games and left it in a a corner gather dust for about 2 years. It was not until I discovered XBMC that I actually dusted it off and started using my XBOX...and now...simply put, I don't have a home entertainment centre without my XBOX and XBMC. Thanks guys for your hard work!
Pages: 1 2