Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does kodi need sources added with mysql?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have kodi set up using a mysql database. I just reinstalled kodi on 1 of my raspberry pi's and noticed i am able to scan the library after adding the advancedsettings.xml file without adding any sources. I was wondering if i can leave it as is without the sources added on this install or if it is recommended to add them anyway?
No, it's fine like that. The sources are set in the database.
The only advantage of adding them on more than 1 machine is if you want to use file mode.

Edit: and apparently - not for the first time - I'm wrong in that.
Ok thanks!
Not having local sources with a MySQL shared database prevented me from using the clean library feature. When trying to clean it would say source unavailable and ask if I wanted to remove all items from it. Adding the sources locally on each machine fixed that and clean library works once again but now I have issues with third party programs informing Kodi of newly added files.

I don't know why they changed this in Isengard.
Yep, just checked (removed my sources.xml and cleaned library) and I get the same behaviour. I can't see why that would be there by design. Very odd.
Edit: Thinking about it maybe not so odd. If you're using the default local databases (ie most people) you'd want your cleaned library to match up with what's in sources.xml.