Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC can't play Dolby Atmos flawlessly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i'm using openelec 6.0.1 on my Intel NUC NUC5CPYH (Braswell). This happend to me on my older Intel NUC aswell DC3217IYE (Ice Canyon). This happens with older installments from openelec as well.

When i play Movies containing Dolby Atmos, the audio droppes out every few seconds. Sometimes i produces a click sound, sometimes it's just gone for a second.

TrueHD tracks show the same behavior, but Atmos errors are more disruptive.
AC3, DTS, DTS-HD play flawlessly.

Log: http://goo.gl/2DVE6W
I played San Andreas. During the playback the error occured 3 times before i stopped the movie. (roughly 40 seconds)

If you need more logs, info or actions on my side, let me know.
There is not a single difference between us passing through TrueHD / TrueHD with atmos. So you have the very same issue with normal TrueHD and most likely also DTS-HD.

The cause of your problem is, that you play 23.98 fps content at 60hz. This won't work without audio drops.

Retry with a Milhouse build, enable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" and try again.

Edit: When you run those builds, make fully sure, that you disable "Sync Playback to Display" as it makes no sense to sync to a vblank while Audio can only run in wallclock. The mention build has pause burst frames to care for a better sync handling.
I've tried several builds now (all Jarvis). On Passtrough all i received on my receiver was Multi Ch. Neither TrueHD, Atmos, DTS-HD were recognized.

What am i doing wrong? Do i need to install DSP Addons?
I told you above. I can repeat it:

Enable Adjust Refreshrate to match video
Disable Sync Playback to Display.
my bad, switched the setting correctly now.

works well in 6.0.1. official now.

Thanks for the effort
(2016-02-12, 13:53)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]I told you above. I can repeat it:

Enable Adjust Refreshrate to match video
Disable Sync Playback to Display.

When I have put these settings, the frame rate drops dramatically, making the movie unwatchable... which is weird because this never happened before. Running Windows 10, Kodi 16
-> Windows forum. And when highjacking another topic .. don't forget to post your Debug Log