Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cachefile problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello i am a new user.
In advance sorry for my poor english.
I run Kodi 15.2 on a PC with Win10 + 8GB ram.
I set the advancedsettings file to run the PVR TV Simple Client with disk cache, but i noticed that the cache dir was empty during the channel play.
The advanced setting file is:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
        <buffermode>0</buffermode>
        <!--<cachemembuffersize>419430400</cachemembuffersize>-->
        <!--<cachemembuffersize>715827882</cachemembuffersize>-->
        <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
        <readbufferfactor>10.0</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    <pvr>
        <cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
        <maxvideocachelevel>70</maxvideocachelevel>
        <minvideocachelevel>60</minvideocachelevel>
    </pvr>
    <ftpshowcache>true</ftpshowcache>
</advancedsettings>
Can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot.
maybe i'm wrong but these settings are not for iptv simple client. because you are talking about iptv simple client that is not a PVR (you can't record nothing with it)
Peppe
Ciao Peppe, forse ho sbagliato a scrivere, ma ho notato che prima, quando usavo IPTV Simple Client nella directory cache venivano creati i files di cache e il problema del buffering era quasi inesistente. Ora i files non vengono creati e bufferizza sempre. I permessi nella cartella della cache sono corretti.

Mi puoi dare una mano?
The board language is English please.
sorry
Hi Stefano,
really don't know, but before you try to solve with advanced settings you should verify if the stream you are streaming are good or not.
I use from a lot of time iptvsimpleclient but I never used that settings nor looked at that files you are talking about.
If you want to speak Italian you can pm me or send me an e.mail.
Se vuoi parlare in italiano mandami un messaggio privato o una mail.
Peppe
Hello Peppe, i cannot send you a private message because the Compose Message function is not permitted to me.

In the past i used the same links with WinXP + 4GBRam and, with the advanced settings you can see, i don't have same problem play live tv channels.

In the cache dir i could see the cache file (named filecache000.cache) and my network (5MB/s download speed) plays fine bothHD and SH channels.

Now i cannot see same cache file and i don't know wath is the problem.

Thanks
You need to have at least 10 posts here before PM's are enabled.

It's a general anti-spam measure, as we've had issues here in the past with spammers who used it as an attack vector.
Darren thanks for your reply.
I had thought that, so i don't have any problem to use posts instead.
Do you have any idea about my problem with cache?
Thanks a lot.
Sorry, no idea. PVR isn't my thing, I'm just keeping an eye on the forums in my moderator role.
ok thanks anyway.
I copied your code into my advanced settings but also for me no cache file created, under user,roaming,kodi,cache.
I'm watching tv on iptvsimple without buffer with or without that code added.
You were om 15.2 when cache worked?
Yes i used 15.2 since it was released as stable.

Thanks
I can add I thing.
From when I added your code each time a start a channel a see the buffer bar on the screen load for a second then the playback starts.
Before the stream starts directly.
So the code effects in some way the playback, I suppose.
Hello, you say right, but the buffer seems to go on the RAM, not in file. There is no new file created when a channel starts to play.

In the same time if i set cachemembuffersize param to load cache in RAM i don't notice changes in the ram amount.

In the past te file filechache000.cache was created when the new channe was selected.

I don't have some idea on the reason it happens.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2