Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Accidentally programmed fire stick remote with hot key please help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello knowledgeable people of kodi! I had some nieces and newphews over my house yesterday and my fire stick remote went a little crazy. Now when I press the right directional button it goes to another screen so I’m not able to go right at all. Is there any way that I can change that setting without the need of going right? Please please help I would really appreciate it!!
Try something like ES File Explorer from the Android app store and going to the userdata folder (wiki). In that folder is one called Keymaps, and you just need to delete any of the files in there. Then restart Kodi.
Im so sorry I don't really understand how to do that do you think you can give me a little more detail on how I can do that please. Also, the fact that I can't go right it really limits where I can go on the menus. Thank you so much for the info I really appreciate it
"ES File Explorer" is an app which you can install via your app-store. It´s a very useful filebrowser. This allows you to browse the device like you know from some other operating systems you already worked on (windows file explorer for example).

Navigate to the specific folder and do what Ned Scott mentioned.