Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fire stick/kodi failing to load.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so finally went and bought a fire stick to put kodi onto thinking it will be fab for the kids and my other halfs sports. had a kind friend who loaded it on for me ( as i quite admit i am not very techno savy! )
so plugged it into tv and loaded up kodi app.
all looks good on home screen , many options , updates were going automatically. however when trying to select something to watch we kept getting 'playlist error check log for details' on all viewing options ie movies, sports , tv.
Have trailed internet and youtube, ran a debbugging for log etc, done add ons resets etc
So i took it round to my fathers plugged it into his tv and it worked a dream!
proceeded to check if it was our internet connection , speed test download speed 28/29 mb/s according to a few blogs this should suffice? , no parental locks on so cant quite fathom why it wont load selected links/streams.
so we had a thought is it our 6 year old toshiba not playing nice?(hope not or i sense a flashy new curved smarty pants one arriving)is it the internet connection? do we uninstall and reinstall and give it another try ( cringe at the thought) or am i just being dim and missing something simple? have went through most 'solutions' on youtube to no avail.
any help would be greatly appreciated .

oh and kodi version 15.2 is installed.
thanks ( from a technophobe!)
Where do you get your media from?
(2016-02-14, 02:55)ktennnat101 Wrote: [ -> ]so finally went and bought a fire stick to put kodi onto thinking it will be fab for the kids and my other halfs sports. had a kind friend who loaded it on for me ( as i quite admit i am not very techno savy! )
so plugged it into tv and loaded up kodi app.
all looks good on home screen , many options , updates were going automatically. however when trying to select something to watch we kept getting 'playlist error check log for details' on all viewing options ie movies, sports , tv.
Have trailed internet and youtube, ran a debbugging for log etc, done add ons resets etc
So i took it round to my fathers plugged it into his tv and it worked a dream!
proceeded to check if it was our internet connection , speed test download speed 28/29 mb/s according to a few blogs this should suffice? , no parental locks on so cant quite fathom why it wont load selected links/streams.
so we had a thought is it our 6 year old toshiba not playing nice?(hope not or i sense a flashy new curved smarty pants one arriving)is it the internet connection? do we uninstall and reinstall and give it another try ( cringe at the thought) or am i just being dim and missing something simple? have went through most 'solutions' on youtube to no avail.
any help would be greatly appreciated .

oh and kodi version 15.2 is installed.
thanks ( from a technophobe!)

Sounds like you trying to watch content from dubious sources to me. Different ISPs have different policies on blocking those sources which is probably why you are experiencing different results depending on where you connect from.

Anyway if this is the case you will have to look for a solution elsewhere as this forum does not discuss such things I'm afraid.
ISP is the same for our house and my fathers(bt infinity) which plays fine in his so wouldn't have thought it would have affected it in our house?
As for dubious sources.
Are we here certain downloads /add ons that I can try instead (legit In case the ones our friend loaded on aren't) ? Like I say I,m very novice but will give anything suggested a bash .
Thanks.
Try the Youtube add-on in the official repository, that's always a good benchmark.