Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI IPTV options vs. Mag 254
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

First time posting, but happy to be part of the group.

I've recently finished the set up of my Minix Neo X8-H Plus and now looking into Live TV options and have found that there always seems to be a new hot add-on that fizzles out quick.

Are there any reliable Live TV (IPTV) add-ons in Kodi? I am looking to finally cut the cord in full but need to first find a reliable substitute for live tv. Looking for all the basic network channels as well as specialty channels like HBO, AMC, Bloomberg, etc.

On a related note, it has been brought to my attention that there is a new box (Mag 254) that does just this and basically offers all possible channels globally. It basically operates like any cable STB with a guide showing all channels and upcoming shows. No built in PVR service however.You pay for the box on its own and then need to pay for a monthly subscription through a service provider. I have obtained two first-hand reviews from friends who seem to enjoy the service.

With that said, curious as to why something like this wouldn't exist on Kodi already? Why would someone need a separate box for TV options?

Box
Search Mag 254 in amazon (won't let me paste link)

Thanks in advance for any and all support/tips.
Thanks wyild1, however, can't get the link to open. Keeps timing out. Are you having the same issue or just me?
Hi Wyild1, got the link open; must have been down for a bit. Thanks for the information. I did buy from a local seller in the area you are correct and starting to learn and see how all this works.

I've read through this thread, which is on this site. (great guide btw).
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=24160

I guess I am trying to expand on this and trying to get as many channels as possible, that's all. Just want to stop paying my massive cable bill.

Any input and/or recommendations are appreciated.
There are no ways to get "all the channels" legally so it's pretty much pointless trying to discuss options on this forum.
Yeah, figured it wasn't possible. Thanks for the honest reply. Looks like I'm stuck with my cable provider for the time being until a better and hopefully cheaper option comes along. Options are few and far between here in Canada with Netflix the only real alternative.

I must admit though, especially being relatively new to all this, it's definitely been a few interesting days of reading and learning what's what.

Thanks all.