Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with Mysql Trigger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Last day, I've begin to change all my network device with static ip to DHCP because I've got now a DNS Server at home.
But, I have some problem with my Kodi device.

I use it with Mysql for a while and when I created the user, I've use the IP to limit access to the kodi database:
Code:
MariaDB [(none)]> select host, user, password from mysql.user;
+-----------------------+-------------+-------------------------------------------+
| host                  | user        | password                                  |
+-----------------------+-------------+-------------------------------------------+
| localhost             | root        | *D51CD80D02A472E2C61E8384E54D8482F98F0397 |
| 192.168.1.52          | kodi        | *FAE53F8FFEF5EB8333496E10C050FFF76526FDE9 |
Code:
MariaDB [(none)]> show grants for 'kodi'@'192.168.1.52';
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for [email protected]                                                                                   |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'kodi'@'192.168.1.52' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*FAE53F8FFEF5EB8333496E10C050FFF76526FDE9' |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `MyVideos93`.* TO 'kodi'@'192.168.1.52'                                                |

I know, I didn't follow totally what the wiki said but as a sysadmin, I didn't want to allow all privileges to kodi user, and not on all my network (I have other database on my server)
But know, like I said I want to rename my [email protected] user to [email protected].
I did it, and it work except for view table (movie_view, tvshow_view, etc...). After some research I fount that they're triggers to some table and they didn't work because the user didn't exist anymore !!

I've read that we can't change the trigger user, I have to delete it and recreate it with the good one. I'm not very confortable with MySQL/MariaDB so I don't know what trigger really are...

So what the best to do here ?? Huh
1- Make an awesome query to delete and recreate the trigger correctly
2- Export database, create a new one with correct user and import my old database to it (with Kodi, not SQL)
3- Put a static address to my DHCP (<= Is what I do now, but when I want to put another Kodi device I will have the problem too...)

Thanks for you help
go for 2 and make a dump of your db before