Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Downloading ARM for Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I'm looking for some help in downloading Kodi onto my firetv.

When I click on the Android ARM selection nothing happens , it doesn't download like the tutorials show it does.

Am I doing something daft ?

Thanks for reading .
What way are you downloading it and what version of Kodi? I just checked from the main Downloads page and it's there.

This is Kodi 15.2 for Arm Devices

Unless server issues over the past few days are hampering your download,in your Geo-location.
I'm trying to download it through my Amazon Firetv box.

Maybe I need to try the x86 version instead of the ARM ?
Are you trying to download it to your computer/laptop and sideload it to your tv box
(2016-02-17, 23:21)Waitforme Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to download it through my Amazon Firetv box.

Maybe I need to try the x86 version instead of the ARM ?
Do not use the x86 version. You have to use the ARM version of Kodi on a fire TV or Stick.
Thanks for the replies.

I'm trying to download it through my Firetv box but when I click the Android ARM link in the Kodi website download page nothing happens.

Have Amazon put a Kodi download blocker on ?
How are you trying to download it on the AFTV?

If your not, use this method: http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-sideload-...e-fire-tv/

If you still have problems, replace the address in the guide (http://kodi.tv/download ), with http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/
Have been trying the first method in the post above, when I get home from work I'll try the second method.
I'm assuming that the second method is Kodi with a wrap that masks it from being blocked ?
Hi
Tried the second method and it brings up a list of downloads but clicking on any of them does not do anything ?

I checked to see if I can download other Apps and I can, (BBC news) .

I'm thinking Amazon have somehow blocked Kodi from being downloaded .
Hello again,sorry to see you still have not managed to do this.Please have a look HERE again(I presume you've been here already).
Make sure you follow the methods as described exactly.Hope you get sorted.
Big Grin Tried to do exactly the same this afternoon using ES File Explorer which is already loaded on my AFTV, I had the same problem, got all the way to the Kodi site, highlighted the Android ARM file and nothing happened, did it about 5 times and each time I pressed enter, nothing happened. I went back to the beginning and started afresh got back to the site and then the ARM loaded first time, pleased to say now have Jarvis RC3 working fine, seems to be fairly stable,(have kept a copy of isengard, just in case) A big thank you to the developers and have donated, please don't give up.RoflNodBig Grin
Interesting, when you say that you started afresh, what did you actually do ?

Did you re load Es explorer etc ?

Thanks
Well I tried it again last night , did exactly as I had been doing previously and about the 4th time I clicked the ARM icon it started to download, after that it was a breeze , happy bunny.

Thanks to all for your help ,it was appreciated.