Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help!!! 4K Nvidia shield tv mouse pointer not accurate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking for help Smile I have a new 4K tv and have a Nvidia shield tv connected I am using kodi 15.2 and my mouse curser is 4 tabs inaccurate my resolution setting shows 4K but when I install the 16.0 kodi the pointer is accurate and on point with the resolution showing 1080p . Is there a way for me to adjust my kodi file to change the location of the mouse pointer?
Stick with Youtube for now. I do not know of any 4k Kodi content.
If this is your problem: Kodi 15.2 4K GUI, it has been fixed in 16.0
Thank you wesk05 that is my exact problem the only issue is 16.0 doesn't recognize my tv at 4K I do have my own 4K content I would love to enjoy on kodi but it scales it down to 1080p in 16.0
(2016-02-18, 06:18)Tom_foolery_ Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you wesk05 that is my exact problem the only issue is 16.0 doesn't recognize my tv at 4K I do have my own 4K content I would love to enjoy on kodi but it scales it down to 1080p in 16.0
Kodi 16 only displays the UI resolution (1080), it doesn't do anything with the video, so if it's 4K in it's 4K out.

Quote:Android Surface Rendering

The Android platform has always been a bit special as it’s still maturing and this change shows that. Some newer devices that can do UHD or 4K playback really well lack the power to also create the Kodi interface at that resolution, and this creates kind of a problem. The end result was that the we either had to downscale the video to a lower resolution to make sure the interface was snappy, or show full size video but the device might not be able handle the high resolution interface. This change allows us to create the Kodi user-interface in a different resolution than the resolution we do video playback, so what happens now is that the interface is displayed at 1080p, and the video will actually be output at the 4K resolution if the device supports it as we let the chip-set do the work instead of the processor.

https://kodi.tv/kodi-16-0-alpha-4-jarvis...ompletion/
Thank you very much for the reply. That really helped me out a lot I am very glad to hear that I can watch my videos in 4K through kodi
An old thread but I just hit this exact same problem, moved to a 4k TV, changed the settings on my Shield to 4k and BANG, my bluetooth mouse doesn't work properly anymore in SPMC.

Its a pain but at least you can use a remote, be glad of a fix though.
Hehe.. I don't actually remember reading about this bug.
I've a pretty good idea of what's happening...
Aha, an interested party and the man himself!

Many thanks for all your good work Koying, very, very much appreciated!
This is no longer an issue with Kodi and on SPMC it is an issue only if you set the GUI resolution limit to "Unlimited".
Indeed, but it's probably an issue for aftv2 in 4k as well, isn't it?
(2016-09-12, 00:31)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, but it's probably an issue for aftv2 in 4k as well, isn't it?
Will have to check that.
Edit:
On AFTV2, it works only if the resolution is set to 1080p. It doesn't matter what you have set for GUI resolution limit.
Yep, because aftv2 has 4k GUI in 4k, always.
PS and you must be in 4k to view 4k photos in their full beauty Wink
(2016-09-12, 07:36)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]PS and you must be in 4k to view 4k photos in their full beauty Wink
Not on AFTV2. It scales RGB 0-255 to RGB 16-235.
(2016-09-12, 18:04)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-12, 07:36)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]PS and you must be in 4k to view 4k photos in their full beauty Wink
Not on AFTV2. It scales RGB 0-255 to RGB 16-235.

Yeah, yeah, you get my point Wink
Pages: 1 2