Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Firestick out of space. WIll not boot!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have searched for 'out of space issues' in regards to the firestick, and NOW I know how to clear the cache. I didnt realize that regular maintenance was needed. Having said that, it has gotten to the point where the stick displays a message on the screen that states, 'Screensaver will appear after space has been cleared'. Kind of a catch 22 in my book. I cant even get in there to access the menu items to clear the Kodi gunk that has accumulated. Any ideas?

Thank you in advanced for your time.
Does it connect to the Internet? If so you may be able to access through SSH and remove the cache files manually
I'd imagine you should be able to clear the cache for any app (kodi included) under the settings>apps section of the fireOS.
My guess is that the thumbnails have accumulated and filled the space. You can delete the thumbnails using ES File Explorer and navigating to the Kodi thumbnail folder and deleting it. You'll also want to delete the textures.db file. A quick google or youtube search on deleting Kodi thumbnails will guide you through it. It's very simple.
You guys are awesome. Didnt think of using ES File Explorer. Ill youtube and report back upon my success. THANKS!