Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clicking to install addons not working at all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just upgraded to Isengard from Helix on Windows 10. I had no trouble downloading repositories or installing a couple of things from zip files. But when I try to install an addon (ANY addon) I can select the addon with the pointer. It opens normally but when I select "install" nothing happens. It either just sits there or it closes the addon. Nothing downloads or installs. I cannot even install the addon installer or maintenance tools. I thought of trying the config wizard but can't install that either. Neither does it respond when I try the touchscreen.

I've been to the System setting and checked the input devices allowed and touch screen and mouse are enabled. The mouse works fine for everything else on my Toshiba Satellite laptop except when trying to use Kodi.The touchscreen is also fine outside of Isengard. (Helix worked fine but like a dope I let it uninstall without backing it up when I installed Isengard since I've never had any trouble of this kind with Gotham or Helix. I just never anticipated anything like this) I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. I've tried rebooting, exiting, checking the firewall settings and everything else I can think of. I even searched for an archived version of Helix, intending to go back to that but I can't find it archived on this site nor on a website I trust.

I think I've tried everything possible from spending the entire day searching the internet and spending the last 2 hours combing through the forums for answers. I don't like having to ask for help when something might be a simple fix and so many others have problems but Kodi is a major part of my life. I'm completely baffled.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated more than I can tell you. Thanks in advance for your time.
There is no config wizard, so I expect you are trying to install banned addons.

If not, supply a debug log (wiki) .
config wizard ? do tell.
Probably time to do a little light reading...
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum%20r...%20add-ons
Banned addons mess 5h1t up plain and simple hence the banning or they are accessing pirate content which is naughty tut tut.
Well...I guess I'm either ignorant or a lot more stupid than I thought. I really appreciate the attempts to help and everyone's time to reply. I will definitely go back and make sure what is approved and what is not. But since I haven't been able to install anything at all I don't think that's what has me messed up. I will go back and follow a couple of links provided here and do that reading. Hopefully I haven't done anything terribly wrong to this point.

Once again. Thank you all for your attempts to help.
Nothing is unfixable and you havent broken anything that cant be fixed Smile dont worry just some of these addons are causing problems for the kodi team hence the crackdown,

If you just install from kodi.tv and nowhere else all will be well! Smile
SOLVED! Thanks to all of you! You've proven that I am, indeed, one of the biggest idiots on the face of the planet. I thought I was doing everything by the book. Christoofar, thank you for getting me to that list. How I overlooked it is beyond me. Everything that is supposed to work....works. I will not make that sort of mistake again.

And once more...thank all of you for your help and replies. At least I'm not as ignorant as I was yesterday. I appreciate Kodi and these forums and especially the people that help others. I had no intent to circumvent anything, pirate anything or do anything wrong and appreciate being set on the right path. Thank you again!
(2016-02-19, 20:45)BLS5555 Wrote: [ -> ]SOLVED! Thanks to all of you! You've proven that I am, indeed, one of the biggest idiots on the face of the planet. I thought I was doing everything by the book. Christoofar, thank you for getting me to that list. How I overlooked it is beyond me. Everything that is supposed to work....works. I will not make that sort of mistake again.

And once more...thank all of you for your help and replies. At least I'm not as ignorant as I was yesterday. I appreciate Kodi and these forums and especially the people that help others. I had no intent to circumvent anything, pirate anything or do anything wrong and appreciate being set on the right path. Thank you again!

very cool! Kodi works very well doing what it's supposed to, and using addons that have been approved to work with it just adds awesomeness. The pirate crap is just that, kludged together things that more often than not break things.
Actually it would have been easy to bin this thread after first post for mentioning a banned addon. Instead we educated a new user. Excellent.
Yeah agreed everyone makes mistakes, i only get annoyed when the OP is an obvious know it all or disresperctful which you were not and i appreiate someone who can have a chat and maybe say hey i ****ed up Smile

Chuffed you got things sorted its easy to forget new users are just that Smile Good luck in you kodi experience Smile