Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox One Passthrough Overlay issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I could not figure out where this is best suited. I also searched for this but I cannot find anything on it.

I have my HTP with Kodi setup with EventGhost passing through the HDMI port on the One. I have found plenty of tutorials and guides about this and I am pretty certain it is all set up fine.

My issue is rediculous and there must be a workaround on it as I am not seeing anyone else with this problem.

It is simple. When I select "OneGuide" the HTPC shows up in place of Live TV (which is what I want). I can control the HTPC more or less fine with my Harmony Remote (mapped with EventGhost). BUT When I press "Down" or "Up" an Xbox Menu overlay pops up on the bottom which is there to allow me to quickly pick TV channels. and when I press "left" I get another xbone overlay on the left for a side bar menu.

The thing is I do not want these overlays. I want down to be simply down so EG sends the proper signal to the HTPC (which is does but the overlay is on top of it).

I am not sure if I am articulating this correctly.

In short - Can I get rid of ALL xbone menu overlays when using the OneGuide? Ideally the only xbone button that I would use is "guide" to allow me to go back to the xbone dashboard.
I use the XB1 with sky plugged in and i think they are trying to integrate it to use certain tv services altho i see no reason why this shouldnt work.

I believe it even says on xbox.com it can be used for a tv input; are you using the guide for PVR on Kodi as maybe running through the input setup would allow you to choose the correct provider etc?
I have been digging a bit more, I now realize that using the xbox to send IR signals to control Kodi through passthrough is more limited than I thought. I turns out I can only use the controller for 4 buttons which limits me more than I want. I can use if for voice control but I am not a voice control person and that does not appeal to me.

I am going to consider some alternate workarounds but for now I am just gonna give up on using the xbox one as a passthrough device for my HTPC, Too bad too it would have been pretty cool.
Yeah i had my ps4 plugged in there to start with till the sky support became pretty awesome