Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Monoscopic Mode Still Showing as SBS with Acceleration Enabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have tested this on both an Android Shield TV and a Fire TV 2 running Jarvis RC3 and Isengard 15.2. I have hardware acceleration enabled for video playback, and when I try to play a 3d video in Monoscopic (2d) mode, it still shows side by side.

When I disable video acceleration, it does play correctly. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I did try searching the forum and known issues, and did not see this posted anywhere. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I had this working for Isengard without problems, but switching to Jarvis broke it. any 3D movie shows side by side when I select monoscopic. This has been on the Android version using two different devices.
haven't tried what happens if acceleration gets disabled, but same issue here on both FTV2 and FTV Stick with 5.0.5 and Kodi 1.0 Jarvis
Hi,
so I'm the fourth one who is writing about the same problem Wink.

Kodi is running on my fireTV (first generation).

Kodi 15.2 was running smoothly and so there were no problem with switching any 3D (TAB / SBS) file to 2D mode. But Version 16.0 isn't.
I tested, as written above, to disable acceleration. Disabling the "MediaCodec (Surface)" was enough to make the switching work again.
However i hope this can be fixed in one the next versions.
Hi,

same problem here.
Since Jarvis on Fire TV( First) with FireOS 5 the 2D mode dons't work anymore.
The "MediaCodec (Surface)" Workaround works.
Hello, same problem here on Shield. Exactly as it's mentioned.
It's not fixable. You *have* to disable surface to see hsbs/htab in 2D
Looks ridiculous. If really not fixable, 3d options should not be available with acceleration enabled. Why to keep not working options visible? To make users confused? 3D stuff is actually useless with modiacodec surface enabled, therefore it should not ba available at all in this case.
Mmm... You can watch hsbs/htab in 3d with surface (by manually switching your TV).

It's any operation on the final image (like 3d - > 2d) which is not possible.
Same here using SPMC (Jarvis) with AMLogic CPU (oDroid C2).
Actually, 3d->2d should now work with surface in both Kodi and spmc
I understand that the change should be there in Kodi 17 and I still can't get 3d-2d monoscopic to work on my Sony Android TV. I thought I should wait for the update to marshmallow for maybe some changes to surface implementation or something. But even after the update finally arrived, I still can't get monoscopic to work when Mediacodec (surface) is on. Any ideas what could be wrong?
I can confirm this still isn't working for me and this would be a great feature, I used it a lot before it broke.

My Sony TV is not powerful enough to play videos without hardware acceleration enabled therefore I am stuck. I have to encode my Blu Rays twice; 1 3D and 1 2D.

Has this been fixed?

Many Thanks for all your hard work!
That won't work on Sony/Philips Android TV (at least for now), as they cannot zoom a Surface pass fullscreen.
You have to disable Surface for this, I'm afraid.
(2017-07-29, 12:44)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]That won't work on Sony/Philips Android TV (at least for now), as they cannot zoom a Surface pass fullscreen.
You have to disable Surface for this, I'm afraid.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Thats a shame about the Sony Android TV. I also have Android Fire TV's and Sticks lying about and they behave the same. 2D from 3D source do not work - the still play in 3D sbs. If I disable Hardware Acceleration then it will behave properly however they are not powerful enough for software decoding,

Any ideas? Or logs I can provide? Or is this a known issue thats being worked or not worked on.

Many many thanks!!! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2