Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI WINDOWS 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so my previous thread has dissappeared. ive just tried to download kodi again for windows 7 and i get an error message saying

ERROR OPENING FILE FOR WRITING

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe

any help wud be muchly appreciated
it's not disappeared but moved to the trash as you have installed unsupported random junk a.k. "the beast" that breaks everything.
If you want any help or support remove every trace of it by uninstalling Kodi and removing the userdata from your system. Then start fresh with download the one and only official Kodi version from our website.
not a problem. i have removed everything as im trying to install a fresh copy of the latest kodi on my laptop. but i have hit a stumblingblock with the error message above
That's because it's still running somehow. Find it in your taskmanager and kill it or restart laptop
thanks very much that helped by ending the process Smile. just another quick question where do i install add ons from. which website?
(2016-02-20, 13:21)Paul1988 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks very much that helped by ending the process Smile. just another quick question where do i install add ons from. which website?

settings--->addons--->install from repository

it's built in.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-ons
thanks very much for both your help.works perfectly Big Grin