Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Bug in backup/restore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've backuped my collection in a single file.

Correctly the file .xml gerated contains the code:
Code:
<art>
            <discart>W:\CARTELLA CONDIVISA CON XBMC\DiscArts\Aftershock.png</discart>
            <fanart>W:\CARTELLA CONDIVISA CON XBMC\Fanarts\Original\Aftershock.jpg</fanart>
            <poster>W:\CARTELLA CONDIVISA CON XBMC\Folder thumbnails\Aftershock.jpg</poster>
        </art>

If I put this code in my .nfo files the discart are not stored in the database.

If I backup my collection as not a single file the .nfo file NOT contain the art tag.
Ive backed up my data hundreds of times and its never failed so did it crash or bog out whilst running? I've also never examined the backup files as ive had no need so cant help with that one sorry.
I've backed up many times too without problems.

Now i'm starting to use the discart and I've look the problem.
Have you experimented with export to each directory? its also a sweet option.
(2016-02-21, 13:49)Pico1965 Wrote: [ -> ]If I backup my collection as not a single file the .nfo file NOT contain the art tag.
I dont understand export to all dirs backs up all data relevant just as a single file
Simply you have never had the need to restore the discart in your db! Smile
AFAIK per movie .nfo has no <discart></discart> support or for additional artwork apart from poster and fanart to be imported into either MyVideosxx.db or Textures13.db.

This is handled via running: script.artwork.downloader

Which reload your extra-art to thumbnail cache, either on library sample or manually via info screen in KODI.
Just config the settings to use local files. (May take a long time depending on the amount of artwork that needs to be cached again)

**********************************EDIT***********************************************
There is also a util from "Milhouse"

Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Thank you for your answer.
Let's see if I understand correctly: Kodi backup the discart (if option single file is choice):
Code:
<art>
            <discart>W:\CARTELLA CONDIVISA CON XBMC\DiscArts\Aftershock.png</discart>
            <fanart>W:\CARTELLA CONDIVISA CON XBMC\Fanarts\Original\Aftershock.jpg</fanart>
            <poster>W:\CARTELLA CONDIVISA CON XBMC\Folder thumbnails\Aftershock.jpg</poster>
</art>
but not restore it?
Just re run artwork downloader and with a fibre conection it restores my full library which is big in no time
AFAIK, yes for both separate and single choices