Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: building pvr binary addons after changing package name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any success building the pvr backend after changing the package name? I have built the new apk successfully but would like to add the pvr backend as well. I guessing there is no dynamic way of doing this?

Code:
[ 55%] Performing update step for 'kodi-platform'
[ 55%] Performing configure step for 'kodi-platform'
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:8 (find_package):
  By not providing "Findkodi.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "kodi", but
  CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "kodi" with any of
  the following names:

kodiConfig.cmake
    kodi-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "kodi" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
  "kodi_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "kodi"
  provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been
  installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/mnt/my_files/kodi-android-nopvr/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/build/kodi-platform/src/kodi-platform-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
depends/CMakeFiles/kodi-platform.dir/build.make:105: recipe for target 'build/kodi-platform/src/kodi-platform-stamp/kodi-platform-configure' failed
make[4]: *** [build/kodi-platform/src/kodi-platform-stamp/kodi-platform-configure] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/mnt/my_files/kodi-android-nopvr/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3630: recipe for target 'depends/CMakeFiles/kodi-platform.dir/all' failed
make[3]: *** [depends/CMakeFiles/kodi-platform.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/mnt/my_files/kodi-android-nopvr/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2752: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/pvr.vuplus.dir/rule' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/pvr.vuplus.dir/rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/my_files/kodi-android-nopvr/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17'
Makefile:1119: recipe for target 'pvr.vuplus' failed
make[1]: *** [pvr.vuplus] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/my_files/kodi-android-nopvr/tools/depends/target/binary-addons/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17'
touch .installed-arm-linux-androideabi-android-17
make: Leaving directory '/mnt/my_files/kodi-android-nopvr/tools/depends/target/binary-addons'

The output.log doesn't show anything useful... Would it be possible to build them on a default kodi source and then move them to the alternate package before make apk?
Check the spmc github for patches regarding this
(2016-02-22, 09:45)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Check the spmc github for patches regarding this

Thank you for your reply but I must be overlooking the patches your are referring to. I hate to sound lazy or incompetent but could you please be more direct?
OK I got it thanks for the help. I did however run into this error "CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX} differs from ${APP_NAME} prefix ${KODI_PREFIX}. Please pass -DOVERRIDE_PATHS=1 to skip this check" but after passing -DOVERRIDE_PATHS=1 everything seem to work fine. I'm testing now, I'm not sure if this will have a negative affect on the package. Everything seems like it's working correctly.

In case anyone else wants to know the patches are here -> SPMC/project/cmake/
Hi,

I'm having the same problem in terms of the pvr build errors.

I have tried implementing the spmc patches but must being doing it wrong as I got the same error.

Would you be so kind to elaborate on what you did to patch it successfully?

Thanks.
For anyone else wondering on specifics. See here. https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/ce...13438a2e07

Sent from my X15
Applied the patches but still get an error of" no rule to make target", any help would be greatly appreciated.