Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HEVC Playback stuttering audio delayed only in KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am experiencing stuttering video, delayed audio, and artifacts while playing certain HEVC encoded MKV files in KODI on several Android boxes including quad core.

The files play perfectly on a PC, with KODI or VLC.

The problem remains if the file is local on USB.

I have tried hundreds of combinations of settings within KODI with no improvement.

I had hoped this was a dual core issue so I bought a quad core HIMEDIA box today, but the problem remained, even after updating to Jarvis.

What is even more interesting is that the Android media center plays the same files perfectly, even over Wifi, suggesting that the problem is KODI, and not hardware related.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
(2016-02-22, 03:28)ATVfanatic Wrote: [ -> ]I am experiencing stuttering video, delayed audio, and artifacts while playing certain HEVC encoded MKV files in KODI on several Android boxes including quad core.

The files play perfectly on a PC, with KODI or VLC.

The problem remains if the file is local on USB.

I have tried hundreds of combinations of settings within KODI with no improvement.

I had hoped this was a dual core issue so I bought a quad core HIMEDIA box today, but the problem remained, even after updating to Jarvis.

What is even more interesting is that the Android media center plays the same files perfectly, even over Wifi, suggesting that the problem is KODI, and not hardware related.

If HEVC is not hw accelerated then no matter how many arm cores you add, it won't work. And if it's 10 bit content, even 720p files won't work - if your silicon does not accelerate them, but as said by the forposter: no Debug Log no issue and sadly no problem we can analyze.