Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mapping an Xbox Folder to a Drive in OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I am setting up an Xbox with XBMC for a friend with a Mac (he was going to buy an iTV, but I talked him into XBMC). I put a huge hard drive in the Xbox and would like to make it as easy as possible for him to dump videos onto his Xbox hard drive. I figured that the best way to do this would be to map a "Media" folder on the F drive to a local drive on his Mac. I know a bit about Macs, but I'm not sure how to do this so he would have upload capabilities. I was reading something about WebDAV, but I'm not sure if XBMC supports this.

Thanks for any help!

corndog
No. MacOS X Finder has FTP support bad only in read-only mode, and when i tried it failed, so your only option is to use CyberDuck or Transmit FTP clients (i prefer the last one). Another option would be to use MacFUSE with the FtpFS module, but i didn't tried this and i really prefer to use MacFUSE for other more interesting things (GmailFS...:cool2: )
Thanks! The Transmit dashboard widget seems to be just what I needed!
i.wanna.corndog Wrote:Thanks! The Transmit dashboard widget seems to be just what I needed!

Transmit is a fucking awesome program and i was decided to pay the fee, but i was surprised when i see how much it cost (five times what i was ready to pay), so if you like it, take a 2x1 for me Wink