Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2 misc system issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a few issues... Using a Chromebox with Openelec 6.0 on Eisengard.

1) I have an issue that some (most) of the time, if I put the box in SUSPEND, audio doesn't play on any files unless I reboot the system. It doesn't matter if I use my NAS or otherwise. Any ideas what's causing this? I don't recall making any changes to my system, and it has only started recently.

2) On a different box (Same setup, but not Chromebox. Some random laptop), I put the system into SUSPEND, and sometimes the videos don't register. Audio is fine, but when clicking a video, nothing happens (Like it's not recognizing my box). If I reboot, all is well. The laptop is plugged into the router which has the NAS (WD MYCLOUD) plugged into it.

It's hard to get a log for these, as it doesn't always happen. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Use a suspend/resume script to reset the audio and video when resuming. Pretty sure there's an example one on the Chromebox wiki page
Excellent. Off I go!
So, suspending the box.....doesn't auto restore the audio? Seems like it would just be normal to happen. I'll post back with my findings. 1 to go.
-----------------
Aaand..there we go.
Found it. I'll Putty in and get it rolling. Seems like something that should be in Kodi already, or at least OpenElec. Easy fix.

Thanks much!
@matt Devo: I did get the audio thing fixed for the Chromebox, however, now the box won't resume from suspend with the remote. It's ON, but the screen stays blank until I manually push the button. It doesn't have to load back up. It's like pushing the Chromebox power makes the screen work.

It doesn't do it with short suspends, but for suspensions over an hour, it does.

Ideas?

FROM THE WIKI::
No Audio and/or corrupted video on Wakeup from Suspend:
Some displays/AVRs don't successfully handshake when resuming from suspend, leading to no audio output and/or corrupted video output until the Chromebox is rebooted.

Solution: If using a universal remote, such as a Harmony, ensure that you are turning off (suspending) the ChromeBox before your AVR/TV, and turning it on (resuming) after the AVR/TV.

Solution: download/enable a script that will force the ChromeBox to reset the audio/video output on resume from suspend. Use an SSH client like Putty to connect to the ChromeBox, and execute the following commands:

For Openelec:
mkdir -p /storage/.config/sleep.d
cd /storage/.config/sleep.d
curl -L -O https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...sume.power
chmod +x 01-cbox_resume.power

Then reboot the ChromeBox
Note: If connected via the DisplayPort output, use a text editor (eg, nano) to edit the script and replace references to 'HDMI1' with 'DP1'.
Just fixate the EDID as shown in the OE wiki
I assume you mean http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config_EDID_nvidia

If so, I executed the commands and got no response back showing any results in Putty.
-----------------------
I had to manually reboot for the OE debug menu to pull. ---- Failed to start LCDProc. Failed to start xorg server.
You run a chromebox! what has that to do with nvidia?

No I mean of course: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config...#tab=Intel

Man - why did you assume you need to follow an nvidia howto? Remove the xorg.conf and it should boot up again ... then follow the lower part of the above link ... btw. you should know (!) what you are doing or such advanced tasks should not be done at all...
Just did an OE wiki search. I don't know a ton about any of the above. Seemed odd, but I have backups of everything. Figured we'd roll the dice Smile Fixing now.

----people do crazy things sometimes. I think I'm running a low grade fever or something.

Got it working. Went back and re-verified that it's written correctly. Thanks much! We shall see if it works.
Using the EGL builds. I've ran across the audio not resuming on wake problem literally two times, waking the box up thousands of times. And the last time that happened was months ago. That's the best fix. Upgrade to fritcshs or matts builds. But I don't use NAS.
I got the video portion fixed, now my audio is out again. I'll run the original instructions and see. Odd that it stopped.
Though my video blank screen issue is fixed....no matter how many times I put the Chromebox commands in Putty, it still has dead audio upon reset. It worked prior, now I have to manually reset my box each time to get the audio working.
--------
OE 6.0 just updated to 6.0.3 and trying. Didn't realize I had an update floating. Will report back, unless someone else has input.
6.0.3 without EGL is a nightmare on intel hardware ... half the performance, bad looking colors ...
So, should I not upgrade? Go back to 6.0? I just want it operational again. It worked well without ever updating, then no audio.
(2016-03-28, 22:04)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]So, should I not upgrade? Go back to 6.0? I just want it operational again. It worked well without ever updating, then no audio.

for anything with an Intel GPU, 6.0.398-Intel_EGL is best
Found it. Installing now.

We get that audio and video working on resume, I'm golden. ...then figuring out my junky laptop overheat issue...

Thanks for the help, guys!

-----------------
FYI, the general Auto Update to 6.0.3 did nothing to fix my audio. Even after applying the settings via putty.
Pages: 1 2 3