Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New convert from MCE need some help with codecs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently made the switch to Kodi from Windows MCE. In MCE, I used Shark007 codecs to watch my blu rays that I had backed up on the server. In Kodi, they work ok, but even with the hardware accelerator enabled in the settings, some of the movies get a bit choppy (had it all worked out in MCE with the Shark007 codecs). I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to fix this.

Thank you.
A switch from MCE is fraught with problems purely because it was so good at detecting and using PVR.

If your a PVR man good luck but be prepared for many days of hardship.
(2016-02-22, 16:39)Derek Wrote: [ -> ]A switch from MCE is fraught with problems purely because it was so good at detecting and using PVR.

If your a PVR man good luck but be prepared for many days of hardship.

I have a couple of HDHomeruns...from what I understand they are directly supported.
Well your a lucky guy thats great if they have support i just know others have had great problems when MCE was click click click working.

Good luck hope you get a great and easy setup and experience.
It was a nice setup, but it had it's trade offs. I like the blu-ray disc support better on this. Initially M2TS files work on this much better, so hoping to find a pretty quick fix to get them completely working.
yeah kodi is king imho just awesome.
(2016-02-22, 16:25)nickman2025 Wrote: [ -> ]I recently made the switch to Kodi from Windows MCE. In MCE, I used Shark007 codecs to watch my blu rays that I had backed up on the server. In Kodi, they work ok, but even with the hardware accelerator enabled in the settings, some of the movies get a bit choppy (had it all worked out in MCE with the Shark007 codecs). I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to fix this.

Thank you.

I suppose you could try the DS fork of Kodi. This would allow use of Windows DS filters and alternative renderers.

scott s.
(2016-02-22, 23:09)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-22, 16:25)nickman2025 Wrote: [ -> ]I recently made the switch to Kodi from Windows MCE. In MCE, I used Shark007 codecs to watch my blu rays that I had backed up on the server. In Kodi, they work ok, but even with the hardware accelerator enabled in the settings, some of the movies get a bit choppy (had it all worked out in MCE with the Shark007 codecs). I was wondering if there is anything else I can do to fix this.

Thank you.

I suppose you could try the DS fork of Kodi. This would allow use of Windows DS filters and alternative renderers.

scott s.

Is there a link to any sort instructions on how to do this?

Thanks
Is there not PVR problems in DSPlayer build? I could be mistaken