Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with user data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Kodi on my Windows 10 PC. I used to run it under Windows 7 Pro, but last year I upgraded (?) to Windows 10.

In the last couple of updates I have made in Kodi (from 14.2 to 15.1 & 15.2 and now to Jarvis, I've seen something that didn't use to happen.

In the older updates, my user data settings, favorites, etc., were all left intact.

It takes me some time to collect that information & create libraries, and I just updated to Jarvis.

Well, it happened again. My long collected libraries and favorites are gone and I have to rebuild them.

Was there some reason for doing that? Why do new installations now destroy everything one had collected and built?
The Kodi installation shouldn't have overwritten any of it.

What is the local path of %appdata% on your system?
They should still be there at: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata (unless alternate file path was used on install)

The KODI database/s are nominally migrated across to the new install, from MyVideos93 on Isengard to MyVideos99 on Jarvis.

Some issues users reported similar to OP was that they end the task prematurely before the .db can be upgraded/updated to their new versions as it looked like KODI froze Huh

However, if the migration failed/was interrupted, there normally is an additional journal file created for rollback/continuation.

Run: %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\Database\

Check that the old version is still present, if so, delete the failed MyVideos99 and it should start again
Depending on library size, no. of files, .db indexing, PC specs, etc it can be anywhere from a few minutes to half hour or more for the process to complete.
yeah i'll bet anything the DB is still intact somewhere.