Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: On screen volume control on audio player MISSING?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive me I have searched but cannot find a duplicate of my question.
Whilst using 'Music' whether 'My Files' or 'Add ons' I get all the control buttons 'Play/pause', 'Skip forward/backwards' Visualisation settings, CRCLyrics' etc etc. For the life of me I cannot find the on screen volume control.
When playing videos it is on the bottom right hand side but seems to be missing when playing audio?

This is the case on my Micromax A116 android device, Windows Vista laptop, and Kodibuntu Acer desktop, all now running Jarvis.
This is more a skin feature, and would be dependant on the skin (I'm using Transparency!, and it does have a audio volume gadget) but I did notice that Confluence doesn't. The + and - keys still work and will give a visual indicator of your levels if you adjust. Then on my system I have one of those multi-media keyboards with volume control, and then there's the audio levels on my monitor and one more settings on my AVR, and don't forget the PC audio section; in the end I can get lost finding which control is out of whack! I suspect Confluence is trying to use K.I.S.S. [Keep it simple stupid] and I pretty much concur, but if you feel totally lost without the visual icon, feel free to either code it up, or put it into a feature suggestion message in that forum or lobby the authors in the Confluence thread.

P.S. please amend the title... it's not a bug.
Echoing "PatK's" post that this is skin dependent and not a bug

IIRC the XeeBo skin also did support OSD volume in the top right, however support and updates have been discontinued for a while.
Link: XeeBo

Or you can try a touch skin: re-touched has vol slider on top-left

Thanks guy's I never realised it was skin dependant. I thought I must be missing something! I tend to control my Kodi with just a wireless mouse hence the need for the on screen volume control. As for keeping it simple stupid, the video has two level controls a volume and a 'volume amplification' a sort of pre-amp! So videos have 2 on screen level adjustments and music has none lol.
Dont you find the the amplification can cause really bad crackling thru your speakers i wouldnt risk it personally but may be just with me.