Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [KODI 16] Live stream problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I have this live stream problem with prosport addon. When watching NHL live stream via (youtube 720p60Hz)..in kodi it has video struttering when "fast play"..commercials etc game pauses are just fine...but fast moving causes lag/struttering.
But when watching via youtube, not via kodi this problem dont have.. Also tested same frame rate as stream on/off, no influence at all...

Connection 100Mbs, 8Gb ram, graphics AMD R270 2Gb, Intel I5 @ 3.8Ghz, 1Tb Hdd.

Easy settings xml
Buffer 1
cache 1Gb
last option 100.

What causes that struttering?
Streaming video is a bit of a thorny issue around here, be sure you'll apprised and aware of this Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) There is a lot of things that can cause video stuttering check this link. Bandwidth inefficiencies, on your end, your ISP and even the source. Your video card, CPU, and even your sound system can have influence. If all fails then you might want to look into an add-on called 'Chrome Launcher', which will allow a 'lean back' experience with youtube using the browser through Kodi (note still works for me), you mentioned that a web browser didn't have an issue with the source.
Agree and no matter how fast your local connection it depends on how the server connecting to is speed wise so its a thorny issue as Pat says; also be sure its legal or you'll be castrated Smile