Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Jarvis freezes at logo screen with advancedsettings.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated to Jarvis today on my Nvidia Shield TV. I uninstalled the old Kodi 15 and installed Kodi 16 "fresh" from Google Play. When I copied my old advancedsettings.xml back into the userdata folder, Kodi 16 froze at the splash screen?

Here's my log file: http://pastebin.com/gfb37P6s

It works fine if I delete the advancedsettings.xml.

Any ideas?
Do you have any other devices running a different version using the same mysql DB server?
Yea, my laptop, but I rarely use Kodi on it. I didn't run Kodi at all on my laptop.
Several other users have reported similar issues when upgrading to Jarvis and using multiple devices and a mysql DB. I'd take a look in the mysql command line and see what databases you have listed and what their contents is.
Thanks, I think I have to delete my mysql database and rebuild the whole thing from scratch Sad
(2016-02-24, 06:27)NeoDuck Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I think I have to delete my mysql database and rebuild the whole thing from scratch Sad

You shouldn't have to rebuild the entire thing from scratch. When you upgrade it creates a new database and leaves the legacy one intact. If you access your db server you should see two MyVideos databases. Try dropping the Kodi 16 databases (I believe MyVideos99 and MyMusic56) and re-run Kodi. The database migration can take a long time so while it might seem like Kodi is hanging it is actually upgrading the database, there is just no splash screen that indicates the process is taking place.
(2016-02-24, 06:35)zlex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-24, 06:27)NeoDuck Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I think I have to delete my mysql database and rebuild the whole thing from scratch Sad

You shouldn't have to rebuild the entire thing from scratch. When you upgrade it creates a new database and leaves the legacy one intact. If you access your db server you should see two MyVideos databases. Try dropping the Kodi 16 databases (I believe MyVideos99 and MyMusic56) and re-run Kodi. The database migration can take a long time so while it might seem like Kodi is hanging it is actually upgrading the database, there is just no splash screen that indicates the process is taking place.

I followed these steps and BINGO rebuilt MyVideos99 and we're off and running. The splash screen was up for probably 8 minutes while the DB was built but now everything is peachy! Thanks.