Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote audio for headphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Like the remote of the Roku 3 and the controller of the PS4, would be nice if Kore could relay Kodi audio to our phone/tablet so we can use headphones. The other ppl in the house don't want to hear F1 coverage!

Not knowing all the ramifications, I propose:

. in Kodi, add an option for audio output like Broadcast to LAN

. In Kore, add a button that would toggle the current audio output with Broadcast to LAN (maybe there already is something with JSON-RPC to change the audio output setting?)

I imagine FFmpeg (that is what Kodi use right?) can easily broadcast the audio. Downmix to stereo is just fine. I'm not sure what would happen with the lag. I guess Kodi audio offset feature would do for now.

Not sure how Kore would handle the broadcast audio. Surely, some codes could be borrowed from Kodi for that.

If you think of it, this new feature would upgrade Kore to a remote audio player as well. Neat!

I know there are many other solutions/setups for this task but this request is the one I would like to have.

In any case, thanks for a great app.

Plz, the more the community reply to this request, the more we can convince the dev team.

Cheers.