Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UI: Architecture Overview ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi running on a Zoomtak T5.

Can somebody point me to something that discusses the Android version's UI and how it is set up?

First thing, I would like to get rid of meaningless (to me, at least) categories like "Man Cave", "For Her", and so-forth.

There's more - like bringing it more in line with the Windows version's UI...... but I don't want to torture everybody with a bunch of dumb questions if I can find something that spells it all out....

Or is all that stuff hard-coded ?
A quick Google tells me you have one of many dreaded "fully loaded" piracy boxes. We don't support those here other than helping users wipe them clean and get to an official vanilla Kodi installation.

As it sounds like that's what you are trying to achieve I'll leave this thread open for now.
The vanilla Kodi doesn't have any of that. So it sounds like you're running a customised or community build, neither of which we support (especially if they also contain banned add-ons (wiki) - a "fully loaded" box).

You may be best just cleaning it out and doing a fresh vanilla sideload or install depending if you have play store access or not. Also the hardware may need device specific mods which we also don't support.
(2016-02-25, 22:10)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]A quick Google tells me you have one of many dreaded "fully loaded" piracy boxes. We don't support those here other than helping users wipe them clean and get to an official vanilla Kodi installation.
I was not aware of the distinction..... But now it's starting to soak...... And I think you have nailed it.

In fact, my alarm bells went off when I noticed a just-released movie (DeadPool) available as an obviously-cam-recorded ripoff.

The guy who gave me this thing to play with thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It looks to me like an open invitation to letters from lawyers on behalf of content providers.
(2016-02-25, 22:22)PeteCress Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-25, 22:10)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]A quick Google tells me you have one of many dreaded "fully loaded" piracy boxes. We don't support those here other than helping users wipe them clean and get to an official vanilla Kodi installation.
I was not aware of the distinction..... But now it's starting to soak...... And I think you have nailed it.

In fact, my alarm bells went off when I noticed a just-released movie (DeadPool) available as an obviously-cam-recorded ripoff.

The guy who gave me this thing to play with thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It looks to me like an open invitation to letters from lawyers on behalf of content providers.

Yes we are very used to people getting fooled by these boxes believing we are responsible for them. Sounds like you just borrowed it to take a look. I suggest you spend some time on the forum and see what a LEGIT use of Kodi does and whether it's something you'd be interested in. Install it on your PC and give it a try.

Also I'd suggest returning that thing to your friend ASAP Smile
You're the second or third person today I've had such a discussion with.

I'd also suggest you read this and have your friend do likewise.
(2016-02-25, 22:30)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]Yes we are very used to people getting fooled by these boxes believing we are responsible for them. Sounds like you just borrowed it to take a look. I suggest you spend some time on the forum and see what a LEGIT use of Kodi does and whether it's something you'd be interested in. Install it on your PC and give it a try.

Also I'd suggest returning that thing to your friend ASAP Smile
I'll probably upgrade to at T8 and give this one back to him - along with the admonition that he's playing with something that could be trouble.

Actually, being a SageTV user/NetFlix subscriber, I have just about everything I could ask for media-presentation-wise and am not all that drawn to Yet Another Black Box.... but Sage does not support internet browsing in any meaningful way and having a full version of Chrome's Android browser available on my TV is enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for humoring me....