Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IDROIDNATION octa core box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering if I'm the only one out there using Kodi on this box. It came with a proprietary Kodi build but I removed it and installed the new 16.0 release. I'm wondering if anyone else has shimmering artifacts that come up frequently and stay until the scene changes. It does seem better in the final release.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows what tweaks the IDROIDNATION people do on their own version of Kodi and if I should be doing it to mine. I've tried calling and emailing the company with no results.
It's just another junk piracy box. Their main selling angle is the usual "never pay for TV and movies again" and they fill it with garbage add-ons and so are violating Kodi's trademark.

You're not going to get any support from them because they have your money already. I hope you didn't pay too much for it. You might be stuck with your issue as they may have made some undocumented modification to compensate for their hardware.

Always check the hardware forum recommendations for manufacturers who provide support and make good quality hardware.
Not terribly helpful Dangelus, but yeah, well, I know that now. Too late. I don't feel I was cheated as the hardware was worth the $109 I paid but the whole support issue an inability to root it will be the downfall. For further builds I'll check here and buy something supported but this was my first foray into Kodi (and Android too) though I'm a little familiar with Linux.

I'm still hoping to find someone else here who fell into the same sand trap and maybe has some ideas or information to share other than, "Your an idiot."
You'd be better asking the supplier than us, as any tweaks made will be by them and nothing to do with us. They have no affiliation with us, they are just (mis- ) using our software.

It's the kind of scenario which is all too common unfortunately where third party vendors make such alterations and screw things up (in terms of using the box or in breaking the foundation trademark rules) and then the end user comes here wanting us to clean up the mess that those third parties have made (and have profited from).

I'll move this to the hardware section in case anyone there can throw you a lifeline, but if I were you I'd pressure whoever you got it off to give you the support you paid for and should be entitled to.
Thanks DarrenHill. Yeah, I've been emailing and calling them but no luck. I did remove their build of 15.2 and installed the official 16.0 final build as I know it's not fair to ask you guys to support stuff they screwed up. I've tried turning off hardware acceleration in the two areas but it has not changed anything. I'm out of ideas.
Hi All,
First time here, I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask a question.

I have: Idroidnation I-Box Octa Core 5.1 Lollipop Android Tv Box 2g 8g Plug and Play 4k Tv Media Box 15 Streaming Media Player Fully Loaded Iptv Htpc

I have never updated Kodi on this box. Can anyone let me know how to upgrade to the latest Kodi.

Thank you much in advance
Sol

PS: if this is not the place to post this sort of question, please let me know where to do it.
It is pretty much the cheapest hardware the company could acquire at the time that would allow them to hack together a semi-working system. You could try finding a build on "FreakTab". If it had a AMlogic CPU in it you could have at least installed a LibreELEC build on it and had a decent experience. Hopefully enough people had a bad enough experience on their "Free TV boxes" boxes that they won't make the same mistake twice.
(2016-12-21, 16:57)soliwalker Wrote: [ -> ]I have: Idroidnation I-Box Octa Core 5.1 Lollipop Android Tv Box 2g 8g Plug and Play 4k Tv Media Box 15 Streaming Media Player Fully Loaded Iptv Htpc

PS: if this is not the place to post this sort of question, please let me know where to do it.

We offer no support for"fully loaded" boxes here, as they violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy and banned addons (wiki). See here for more details.
Hello All,
Hope you had a great Christmas!!!!

I did not get this tv box to stream pirate content. I got it so, I could watch Latin American news channels. I already have Amazon Prime, and Netflix which I never watch because I just don't have time.

Any recommendations on non-loaded tv boxes?

Thank you!
Sol
@soliwalker - the wiki gives you details of how to install/update kodi on android devices http://kodi.wiki/view/Android