Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Re: Set "show information" as predefined select action
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since I can't reply directly to the thread, I'll post this here ;)

Re: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261542

Quote:Under Settings > Videos > File lists > Default select action.

Setting as predefined value the "show information" action when user select a focused media content seems a more natural action. The play button already acts as the "play" action when the media content is focused. Opinions?

A lot of people use skins that show a lot of metadata in the library itself, making a second info window redundant. Confluence has three views dedicated to showing media info, for example. It makes sense for list views that don't show summaries, but that's just one way to use Kodi. It also doesn't always make sense for TV episodes, which don't always have a lot of interesting metadata.

(There's some other technical issues, such as touch, mouse, and some joysticks not having a "play" button, but I'm sure there's a solution for that somewhere)

Instead, I propose an alternative: A new option for "default select action" called "Skin default". Users can still force a specific action, such as play or show info, but "skin default" would allow skinners to recommend which they think fits the current list view mode. If none is set by the skinner then there could be a fallback to "show info" or whatever.

(hmm, mods, feel free to move this to the user "Feature requests" sub-forum. I should have posted this there.)
Moved as requested.