Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot make DTS to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I cannot make DTS sound working on following setup.
rPi <--> TV <--> Yamaha v471

Before rPi I was using mac mini as HTPC. My XBOX is also connected in the same way (through TV) - in both cases DTS sound works.

On OpenElec, I can list supported sound formats, and it shows DTS, Dolby and 2 channels PCM.
I read a lot of documentation, tried different options (BestMatch, Optimized etc..., modified settings file to list all formats as supported for HDMI connection)
My current configuration is "BestMatch" with Dolby passed through, everything else is transcoded to Dolby. This configuration works, but it would be great to see "DTS" on yamaha display.

Apart from that Kodi is just awesome!
debug log (wiki) ?
Log

I used exactly the same movie as on MacMini. Relevant logs are from line 2340.
Most tvs don't pass through dts. Can you go rpi--yamaha--tv, all via HDMI.
My TV passes DTS. As I wrote - it was working with Kodi installed on MacOS, and it is working with XBOX.
So, dolby passes through okay?
DTS will trascode to dolby okay?
But DTS won't passthrough directly?

TV's that passthough DTS are very rare.

One think you could try is a firmware update. Download:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...tart_x.elf
https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/...ixup_x.dat

rename to start.elf/fixup.dat respectively and replace the ones on boot partition of sdcard (what you see from windows).
There is a small chance that will help.
Yes, Dolby ok, no DTS.

I am 100% sure it was working before (I just plugged in raspbery instead of macmini, nothing else changed). I am also sure that now my XBox output is set to DTS, stream goes through the TV and amplifier shows DTS on the display. Will try with firmware update.
Today I switched to the Raspberry 3 (and newest version of Kodi) - DTS works now.
(2016-03-08, 23:45)lukaszg Wrote: [ -> ]Today I switched to the Raspberry 3 (and newest version of Kodi) - DTS works now.

Yes, latest OE 6.0.3 has the updated firmware.
I suspect the Pi2 will also work with OE 6.0.3.
hmmm.. wil be DTS-HDMA also work now on next build of openelec?
it now gets played as DTS instead...
or is this anohter issue?
rpi2 >hdmi> poineer-vsx-922

the files ill try to play are real dts-hdma in iso format
they load just fine also does play fine...
but as i said its audio goes to dts instead dts-hdma

thank you...
(2016-04-24, 18:34)Tork Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm.. wil be DTS-HDMA also work now on next build of openelec?

No HD audio passthrough on Pi.
You can passthrough the 5.1 DTS core.
Or you can use disable passthrough and get 8 channel PCM output.
well now thats cleared too Smile
thank you popcornmix!