Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ftp - Extremely Sloooooow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a botched upgrade b/c my FTP client lost its connection to the Xbox halfway through causing the box to hang on boot and leaving me with no FTP access. Lots of research and several days later, I was able to creat an Evox boot disk and regain FTP access. Luckily I had completely backed up my XBMC folder before I tried to upgrade so I simply copied that back to the Xbox to start from where I left off. But here's the problem - it took ELEVEN HOURS to transfer the files. That CAN'T be normal. I thought maybe my firewall was interfering so I turned it off about 2 hours into the transfer. It didn't speed things up a bit...

A few facts about my environment:
Wired (no wifi)
Using Router as DHCP
FlashXP FTP client
McAfee firewall

Any thoughts?
Are both your PC and Xbox connected to the router which provides your internet?
Are the LAN cables you are using fairly new?
Yes and Yes.

I think I may have found the problem though - I think my firewall on my PC was locking things up. I don't konw for sure, but I'll test further tonight.
I had/have a similar problem.

FTP under Evo-X is just as slow for me, but it's all good once i've got xbmc running, XBMC's FTP works superbly for me.

Also, since XBMC does everything in a far more spectacular manner..... i don't need to use evo-x again, at least until the next time i mess something up Laugh so it's no longer a problem.

I did find the solution to this last time, but i'm sorry, just can't remember what it was.

Or did you mean that your XBMC's FTP is now running slow?

Shorty
I saw similar speed problem which were down to a firewall. A friend had built a new system and when he used the mobo CD to install drivers it also installed a firewall. This slowed everything down to a crawl, got rid of that so that he just had Windows firewall and it all went full speed again.

Obviously the mobo manufacturers didn't have a clue how to write a decent firewall...

Klaus
Ok,

I have again had occasion to use evo-x, and can reveal the setting i talked about before.

Goto site manager in flash fxp and under the connection for your xbox goto options and clear the passive mode checkbox.

Should speed you up a fair bit, i'm almost hittin 9MB/s now, infact it's faster than XBMC for me, but i like xbmc's one program does it all approach, so evo-x goes straight in the bin when i'm done!

Regards,

Shorty