Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: wanting to cancel directv service, help with setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I am looking to run something like plex/kodi/something for my home and cut off from the crazy prices from the cable/satelite providers.

I already have an htpc in my living room with win 10 on it, all its used for is twitch streaming and gaming atm. I have 2 other rooms that will need tv services/streaming services as well.

What I want to do is get a couple homerun dual HD tuner devices (4 tuners total) for recording/watching live ota tv. I have netflix and amazon streaming services already.. perhaps get hulu plus or something as well. I would like my main htpc (living room) to have all my movies/music on it.. and hold the recorded tv and the other two rooms to access all this. I will put htpc's in the other 2 rooms as well if needed.. or maybe nvidia shields or something would work?

I would like it easy to use for my daughter and wife.. so I we can launch/access all the different things through one system (plex/kodi/something).. so I won't have to open and close different programs to do different things. Is this all possible?

thanks all!
emby.media/downloads/emby-for-kodi/ is what I use. Can make it really easy and create an account for your daughter with content based on rating. Really amazing software imo