Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Startup=HELP BOX then freezePLEASE HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using my Amazon FireTv/Stick for several months, using Kodi with no issues. Two days ago, I came home, started Kodi......It starts with just the background screen of the confluence skin(no menu bars or anything to click on, except a HELP BOX with a button in it that says OK, so I click OK.....the box disappears and the screen is left with just the background screen, backdrop of confluence. I restarted/ cleared cache/ unplugged (all of these several times, to no avail)

I am not the most tech savvy, but I'm not the least either, So watching videos and reading forums, I decide to delete Kodi and download a newer version, I reinstalled the latest (stable) version, along with adbfire. Started it up, was able to get all of the add ons I once had, they were working fine. Today I started Kodi.......and there it was.......The HELP BOX with the OK button in it and just the background or wallpaper of the skin I was using.....I hit OK....the box disappeared and now I'm back at square 1
PLEASE, any help(as long as its not a HELP BOX) would be awesome!
Thread moved to Android.

This sounds like either you're not using the vanilla Kodi instantly but a custom build, and/or using banned add-ons (wiki) which are screwing it up. We do not support either scenario as they violate our forum rules (wiki).

If you can manually transfer the logs from your stick to PasteBin or XBMClogs we can see in more detail. See here for how to do that.