Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV and Leanback App shortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Kodi as my home screen for my Nvidia Shield TV running Marshmallow, but I want to create shortcuts to the Leanback apps. For example, in Kodi when you add VidAngel as a favorite, and then create a link to it, it launches the handheld version in vertical mode, not the leanback.

I checked the action, which is
StartAndroidActivity("com.vidangel")

But when I create a shortcut through Nova Launcher where I can actually get it to work correclty, I use
.tvleanback.ui.maintvactivity

I tried replacing it with that within Kodi, but doesn't work.

Any ideas?
bump!
Bump
bump
Please stop bumping - if people were going to be able to give you support they would have done. Repeated frequent bumping just irritates people and makes it less likely that they will help.
(2016-02-29, 18:45)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Please stop bumping - if people were going to be able to give you support they would have done. Repeated frequent bumping just irritates people and makes it less likely that they will help.

Considering I posted this same issue 6 months ago, I'm not sure what else to do.
I very much doubt "com.vidangel" is the name of an activity, though.
For reference, Kodi's main activity is "org.xbmc.kodi.Main"