Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to show foreign letters??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking through my Music library and noticed that some of my metadata is showing squares where the titles should be. While English is my native language, I do have music from Germany, India, Japan, and Russia. How do I get kodi to read the characters from these Countries? For German characters, I can substitute the foreign letters to the English equivilant (ö=oe, ä=ae, ß=ss.....) but how do I get kodi to actually read words like イジメ、ダメ、ゼッタイ (Japanese), and Нагрянули (Russian).... as well as English? ConfusedUndecided

Peace

Windows 10
KODI V16.0 JARVIS
Switch to a unicode font in skin settings
(2016-02-28, 08:36)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]Switch to a unicode font in skin settings

I must be freaking blind because either I don't see that setting, or there is none for the Confluence skin. Please don't make me change skins.. it's the only one I like for some reason Rofl
(2016-02-28, 08:57)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]Image

404 NOT FOUND. I know where that setting is anyway, just that there is no uni-code font. the only ones i see are small, medium, large, and Ariel.
Arial should be unicode?
In Aeon Nox you can select the korean font which also gives kanji letters.
(2016-02-28, 10:26)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]Arial should be unicode?

(2016-02-28, 10:28)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]In Aeon Nox you can select the korean font which also gives kanji letters.

NO WONDER I COULDNT FIND IT!!!!!! Wow I need sleep. It's been 2 days and I'm still fiddling with Kodi. Still havent found a way to manually set cd/track ripping, trying to get Genesis to work... these are separate issues by the way, I'm just saying that with everything I'm trying to get done I didnt stop to think that unicode wasnt a font, but a code for a font. On a side note, I know how to do auto-cd ripping, but not manual ripping. Thanks for the help though. PEACE
Don't expect any further help here if you're putting banned add-ons (wiki) that violate our forum rules (wiki) in your system.

You just invalidated your warranty...
another one im up for the 10 posts or more = ban Smile
(2016-02-28, 11:00)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Don't expect any further help here if you're putting banned add-ons (wiki) that violate our forum rules (wiki) in your system.

You just invalidated your warranty...

I admit that I messed up in more ways than one. I actually have read the rules, but somehow overlooked them in my pathetic attempt at a simple task that had nothing to do with this post. I had already been trying to figure that task out for 2 days prior to this post and wasn't thinking everything thoroughly. I was following kodi tutorials and missed the fact that what I was doing was wrong. And the worst of it was that all I wanted was to learn about kodi, and what it can do. I didn't realize that the tutorials were made, not by a kodi team member, but another user.
The only reason I didn't chime in to explain is because I passed out shortly after that this post. I'm just now coming back to it.
I take full responsibility for my actions, and accept what I get. Again I do apologize for the offense, and take full responsibility. Sad
Take it as a learning experience and consider your sources (both if media and tutorials) carefully.

Frankly we dislike most of the crap on YouTube immensely and would rather it didn't exist as it drags the Kodi name through the mud. Steps are being taken, but it's whack a mole.
(2016-03-05, 10:47)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Take it as a learning experience and consider your sources (both if media and tutorials) carefully.

Frankly we dislike most of the crap on YouTube immensely and would rather it didn't exist as it drags the Kodi name through the mud. Steps are being taken, but it's whack a mole.

I'm more careful about what I use, though now it doesn't matter because i invalidated my warranty like an idiot.
If the system is clean then we'll support it if issues arise. We just don't touch anything containing the banned rubbish as we don't clean up messes that other people have made, nor support users who consciously make the decision to use illegal sources.