Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Relocation of userdata folder in Linux Mint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am curious if there is a way to relocate the userdata folder for Kodi in Linux Mint to my storage HDD. I only have a 30 GB SSD and would like to see if I can store all that data on my HDD. I did this fairly easily in Windows via sysprep but I am a novice with Linux and I am not sure the best way to go about changing it over.

If there is a way to do this my changing things around in an xml file that would be helpful. I imagine if not this can be done by created a symbolic link between the default location and the location I would like the data stored (if that is possible in Linux)
Use a bind mount via /etc/fstab
Thanks for the tip!

I am researching it up but it seems to just make a reference to the same location at a different location rather then "redirecting" the data to a different place in the filesystem, but maybe I am not understanding it correctly.
Is it possible to change the default location of the userdata folder using the advancedsettings.xml file?

I added an advancedsettings.xml file to /usr/share/kodi/userdata with the following commands:

<advancedsetttings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>/home/.kodi/userdata</from>
<to>/media/masterosok/ec70e603-8214-4ba1-9bb4-12a07cfa3739/.kodi/userdata</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</avancedsettings>

Does anyone think this will work?
a simple symlink of ~/.kodi should work fine.