Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 16.0 on Philips TV Stops playback on menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've used the previous version of kodi(15.3) without big issues on my philips android tv but i wanted to upgrade so i installed 16.0.

After instalation the application is running the same but whenever i want to access an option int he menu of the tv like picture style the playback is stopped.

The problem is that like many people know the philips android tv does not retain picture style when changing playback so i'm not able to view movies without picture motion perfect effect.

\The previous version of kodi was working perfect without stopping when i was entering android tv menu.
I guess the TV's menu is seen as another app getting focus. Does this happen with other video apps on Android TV, like YouTube or Netflix?
No. It only happens with new version of Kodi. Old one was ok.

Every time i press settings on the remote kodi stops playing and returns to the folder with the movie. Because of this issue is impossible to watch a movie without soap opera effect. I've tried to install an older version but Philips doesn't let me install apks.
Hi. I've got the same problem, Isengard was OK becouse id did'nt even activate perfect natural motion (even when it was active on TV). So mabe the same can bo done in isengard with some settings? I've tried to turn off hardware acceleration, but without it Kodi won't handle the performance.
(2016-02-29, 07:21)sadic55 Wrote: [ -> ]No. It only happens with new version of Kodi. Old one was ok.

Every time i press settings on the remote kodi stops playing and returns to the folder with the movie. Because of this issue is impossible to watch a movie without soap opera effect. I've tried to install an older version but Philips doesn't let me install apks.
There is an solution to disable perfect natural motion on kodi installed on philips tv. You should switch off surface media codec in acceleration menu.

I've done that and it seems to work. I still cannot access tv menu without kodi stopping. I wanted to knwo what does that option do? Are my movies still decoded hardware or not.
(2016-03-01, 10:22)sadic55 Wrote: [ -> ]I've done that and it seems to work. I still cannot access tv menu without kodi stopping. I wanted to knwo what does that option do? Are my movies still decoded hardware or not.

Same here, with philips 49pus7100 and kodi 16.1
Also try with SPMC (wiki), just to be sure.