Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i dont understand
please look at screenshot

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/5bs70/gdap

Why do i see a black background frame around each library icon?

estuary is soo upto date with design and the best skin yet. But for plugins it fails to deliver a nice layout. Thats pretty sad.
Quite often the reason is that addon devs dont do their work correctly. Wink In newest Estuary version you can switch to list view btw, that should work better for lot of add-ons.
Some plugins are actually decent made and have nice icons. But going from confluence to Estuary, I am actually disappointed. I hope am not alone about this. I really hade to see the small icons especially if u use kodi on a TV.
I wish the black transparent background for icons is an option for user to decide. Whether he want small or big bold icons frameless.

I am really trying to find a reason for why the skin dev decided to make it this way for library icon, i just cant find a valid reason. very frustrating, especially when u love the skin.
Take a look at this screenshoot

Dont others see a fundamental issue here, being the default skin for next year?
Sigh. Should I quite my answer from above again?
(2016-06-20, 05:40)nero12 Wrote: [ -> ]Some plugins are actually decent made and have nice icons. But going from confluence to Estuary, I am actually disappointed. I hope am not alone about this. I really hade to see the small icons especially if u use kodi on a TV.
I wish the black transparent background for icons is an option for user to decide. Whether he want small or big bold icons frameless.

I am really trying to find a reason for why the skin dev decided to make it this way for library icon, i just cant find a valid reason. very frustrating, especially when u love the skin.
Take a look at this screenshoot

Dont others see a fundamental issue here, being the default skin for next year?

If you don't like Estuary, just install the confluence skin from the Kodi repository.
Well its just frustrating to see kids close up to the screen trying to read the text on the icons.

I can simply change back to confluence, but i love everything else about the new skin. its just a strange thing i dont get my head around.

another sample
http://i.imgur.com/3HCDtuX.png?2
(2016-06-19, 19:29)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Quite often the reason is that addon devs dont do their work correctly. Wink In newest Estuary version you can switch to list view btw, that should work better for lot of add-ons.

If that is the reason please specify what they do wrong. as an amateur developer I would love to know why a plugin layout is fine on confluence but not on the new skin.

I am not interested in list view, why would i have list view when i can have thumbnail view from youtube.

Thank you
I need help. I cant find Addon-Shortcuts option to create my own most used addon shortcuts. When instaling Kodi 17 for the first time I only get shortcuts for random addons.
this is the worst Skin ever, it's the 3rd time i install v17 and play with it to get used to it but, It still takes longer to do something/anything done. I don't know how this is suppose to make things better? .. oh well, i'll have to wait for decent 3rd party skins i guess.
just my opinion.
hi guys, I really love the new "flat" design, congrats it's really refreshing
(2016-07-05, 04:09)fracl11 Wrote: [ -> ]this is the worst Skin ever, it's the 3rd time i install v17 and play with it to get used to it but, It still takes longer to do something/anything done. I don't know how this is suppose to make things better? .. oh well, i'll have to wait for decent 3rd party skins i guess.
just my opinion.

Well if your going that route, please have the curtesy of posting some use cases, that you think are bad.

- List how you need to do it with estuary
- Reason why you think this is bad
Hi guys,
Please consider these changes to the widget layout and submenu location. Having a vertical menu with a seperate horizontal submenu is just a recipe for disaster and i feel it just adds an unnecessary layer of complexity in terms of navigation.
Please also consider adding some way of rearranging the main menu items, as well as moving/activating certain widgets. Telling me that i've started watching a movie isn't really interesting to me, i'd rather know what's on at the movies, what's trending etc... The extended info script has all the widgets you'd need for this.

See original post here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2368829

(2016-07-04, 12:29)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]...I've put together a mock up of how the submenus/widgets could possibly be enhanced. this includes the submenus remaining as icons, but putting them in a more suited place.

In this image, obviously widgets have been resized to better fit the layout, also a different layout example for a widget.
The submenu is placed vertically next to the main menu. Pressing 'right' would take you directly to it.

Once on the submenu, the main menu is cleared and shows only the text of the particular highlighted submenu item. with the icon of 'movies' still present, shows you that you're in the movies submenu, and an arrow to show that pushing left or back will take you back to the main menu.

Just a suggestion of course, but to me this is so much more organised and with the widgets resized and aligned to the right, the widgets become less obtrusive and more pleasing to look at.
If we are allowed to nitpick a little bit here I would like to ask for a "simple" change to the PVG ui, specifically the TV / All Channels view. I say simple with a smile mind you as I tried looking at changing it myself and couldn't figure it out Wink I think swapping the Channel name with the show name will improve the look of the "all channels" list. The way it currently is presented puts an emphasis on the channel name being a larger and easier to see font and the show playing second fiddle. I don't know about most, but I prefer to easily see the shoe name vs seeing the channel is it being shown on.

EDIT: crap. imgur doesn't want to cooperate. Screenshot is here http://imgur.com/jSycsTS

If you are feeling awfully generous I would also like to see a column in the PVR Guide view eliminated for the sake of a bigger font all around. While you are in there, long press the "menu" key to show the left side panel options. Once in there I can not get back to the grid view. Pressing the back out button brings me to the main Kodi screen and the Guide view icon is not selectable.
Again this is just thoughts from one user but they were my initial impressions. How does everyone else feel about these views? Thanks again for the new skin, it is quite a nice refresh to my Television.
(2016-07-05, 04:09)fracl11 Wrote: [ -> ]this is the worst Skin ever, it's the 3rd time i install v17 and play with it to get used to it but, It still takes longer to do something/anything done. I don't know how this is suppose to make things better? .. oh well, i'll have to wait for decent 3rd party skins i guess.
just my opinion.

If you prefer the old skin then Confluence can loaded from the repo and is still being updated.
(2016-07-12, 09:42)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]
just my opinion.

If you prefer the old skin then Confluence can loaded from the repo and is still being updated.
Yes I seen that since this post thanks, I just don't like the side thing. i'm back using Xonfluence since it was updated to work on V.17