Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This is the view I love in this skin and that I'm using for my movies Smile

Thank you again for the best skin right now in my opinion.
Could it be possible to add an option to remove the circle animation when launching a video? I prefer just launching the video without the clutter.
When I watch a movie with chapters, I don't see a skip chapter (fastforward) button. Is it somewhere hidden in the settings?
@phil65
Could you change the fanart view id in MyVideoNav.xml from 502 to 504? This would heavily improve the view of already existing video addons. I tested it with confluence and Estuary and found out that the id 504 in confluence matches this view very well. If you could change it my addon would automatically use this view, too. It would be also great if you could have a look at the other view id's and change it in estuary to match best. None of my video addons has a chance to get such poster images so it would be nice if you could change the view id.

And it seems that no folder thumbnails are recognized in this view, it looks only for poster images, although I set icon and thumb.
@phil65 I have recently added DVB-S and DVB-T tuners to my setup and have to offset the channel numbers by 1000 to avoid clashes. As a result I have 4 digit channel numbers which are being clipped (with ellipses) in the PVR channel and OSD view. Can these be amended to cater for 4 digits?
Really liking almost everything in this skin....but.....

When viewing music in file view there are no view options. It is defaulted to Widelist and cannot be changed. This is a very important option for me as I exclusively use file view for music and do not view through the library..
Sooo, first of all a big hello to everyone. I am a long time XBMC/Kodi user and am enjoying Krypton via using the latest LibreELEC testbuilds by Milhouse.

I finally found a reason to register because I would like to strongly support the idea of reintroducing the display of file path information on the detail page of TV shows or movies in the stock Estuary skin.

Are there any plans to implement this kind of functionality?? Would it be more helpful to post this as a feature request in a different subforum?

I am aware that there is a Estuary mod delivering what I'm asking for but I'm more interested in a complete vanilla version of this skin.

Thanks in advance for any kind of heads-up.

kekomat
DUPLICITE POST
I tried to adapt to the new skin, (estuary), but I must to return to Confluence. I am afraid that Estuary and Etouchy are BOTH tablet like skins, and serious lack of informations, structured easilly to the Monitor / Big Screen in numerous views/screens is no go for me. I tried, I truly did, but it can be only suitable for that Confluence users, which uses views like thumbnails etc. Not for rest of us, who are used to list View. I am very sorry about that, and I am hoping, that Confluence will be usable (and most important stable and supported) at least next 5-8 years.
(2016-08-05, 18:27)JimmySmith2 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to adapt to the new skin, (estuary), but I must to return to Confluence. I am afraid that Estuary and Etouchy are BOTH tablet like skins, and serious lack of informations, structured easilly to the Monitor / Big Screen in numerous views/screens is no go for me. I tried, I truly did, but it can be only suitable for that Confluence users, which uses views like thumbnails etc. Not for rest of us, who are used to list View. I am very sorry about that, and I am hoping, that Confluence will be usable (and most important stable and supported) at least next 5-8 years.
Ya those new Skins SUCK! I hate "em with a passion, and so does a few of my friends so i know im not alone.
(2016-08-05, 19:20)fracl11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-05, 18:27)JimmySmith2 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to adapt to the new skin, (estuary), but I must to return to Confluence. I am afraid that Estuary and Etouchy are BOTH tablet like skins, and serious lack of informations, structured easilly to the Monitor / Big Screen in numerous views/screens is no go for me. I tried, I truly did, but it can be only suitable for that Confluence users, which uses views like thumbnails etc. Not for rest of us, who are used to list View. I am very sorry about that, and I am hoping, that Confluence will be usable (and most important stable and supported) at least next 5-8 years.
Ya those new Skins SUCK! I hate "em with a passion, and so does a few of my friends so i know im not alone.

If you don't like it, just not use it ^^
Yes, thats my plan, but as I said, this is default Kodi skin now, unfortunatelly. And I wouldnt bet that Confluence will have much attention as before. I am thinking always ahead Smile

Tried to pinpoint lack of information in touchless-machine from Confluence user point of view (to make new default skin for desktops better and usable), but thorough the alpha versions and response on forum, I think they doesnt be addressed.. Everyone nowadays are like "yaay, big screen mobiles, always online, big pictures is most important, graphics in 1st place"..
(2016-08-05, 19:28)JimmySmith2 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, thats my plan, but as I said, this is default Kodi skin now, unfortunatelly. And I wouldnt bet that Confluence will have much attention as before. I am thinking always ahead Smile

Tried to pinpoint lack of information in touchless-machine from Confluence user point of view (to make new default skin for desktops better and usable), but thorough the alpha versions and response on forum, I think they doesnt be addressed.. Everyone nowadays are like "yaay, big screen mobiles, always online, big pictures is most important, graphics in 1st place"..

Well I wouldn't think that desktops are our number one user base. It's much more likely that kodi runs on a big screeen in your living room, isn't it?
So why should we focus our default skin on a usecase that's not as common?
If you have all in one, ux will suffer on all platforms. And your free to use confluence.
Well I wouldn't think that desktops are our number one user base.
Well, as I understand from the first introduction, Estuary should have same functionality as Confluence, and Etouchy is for touch-like interfaces (and I am fine with big buttons and stripped information on their screens in Etouchy). And, you must admit, that list view lacks of quite infos, which are avaible on Confluence. To be honest, I was shocked when I firstly choose Favourites in Estuary. I use to have like 10 Video shows via YT and favourite radios via Shoutcast, and instead neat list column I was amazed by big rectangles.. I was wondering, why? I controll my Kodi in living room via TV remote, and on desktop I have mouse, why would I want big buttons everywhere..

It's much more likely that kodi runs on a big screeen in your living room, isn't it?
Yes, I have "just" 48 inch TV, and even on that I have waste of space feeling with Estuary, in the contrast of missing infos mentioned above and in this topic. Why would I need like 3 relativelly big images of "selected" movie in view list thorough all my screen, when I didnt see IMDB rating and genre of movie.. Who would prefer that, in process of choosing, which movie from his video collection he want to play in the moment . I dont know anybody, who would choose film to watch based on name and movie poster+fanart. At least you leave Plot there, but .. genre? Why strip other usefull info, which Confluence users are used to have on the same screen (ie. list view, subtitle button in play screen)..

So why should we focus our default skin on a usecase that's not as common?
I would say, because you have that usecase implemented already (list view) & you are replacing the same one from predecessor. Why would you want to strip down his usefulness?

If you have all in one, ux will suffer on all platforms.
As I said above: Estuary vs Etouchy, List View vs Thumbnail View
Some feedback after a few days of usage of the new skin in v 17 Alpha 3

Overall the skin looks more fresh and modern, it is one of the main reasons for me testing out the alpha release. Also great with the different colors, although I would love some more blue ones :-)

1. There are fewer elements on each page of file lists compared to Confluence. With lots of videos this means more pressing of page up/down than before.
  2. If I miss a dialogue and want to skip backwards for a few seconds the overlay showing the time line now covers the subtitles which makes them hard/impossible to read until the overlay disappears. It used to be placed in the upper right corner leaving the bottom of the screen free to subtitles.
  3. When opening the subtitle downloader the top most service is shown in white while the selected service is shown in green, why is there a white service?
  4. It is a bit hard to see the difference between the different overlays pressing "i", "ok/enter" or when skipping forward/backwards. They look a lot more similar than before. Might not be bad, but takes some time to get used to.