Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just upgraded to the new version. Not a fan of no ability to see titles in Wall view. At the very least, I would like to see a title shown for the highlighted tile. I'm using Info Wall instead, but that huge section of the left side is annoying when you have no content filling it. I just want an entire wall of thumbnails with (at the very least) the ability to see the title of the selected tile/thumbnail.

Also agree with the others that the greenish tint looks really bad.
The ultrawide 21:9 support is great in the new version. I prefer the v2 version much more and look forward to the finished product. Thanks!
phil65 Wrote:Not possible with current implementation. I switched to show the library root VFS path instead of a hardcoded menu to make the submenu customizable to some extent.

I assume this update was for me.

I am sorry to hear that.
The recently added episodes takes you directly to that episode, could not the same code path be used, and each of the in progress icons are just the next to watch, instead of recently added?
Pardon the language: What the HELL is happened to my dashboard: http://imgur.com/a/V6EfW

everything is HUGE... this was installed automatically with the windows store update
(2016-12-03, 12:39)BelgarionNL Wrote: [ -> ]Pardon the language: What the HELL is happened to my dashboard: http://imgur.com/a/V6EfW

everything is HUGE... this was installed automatically with the windows store update

Welcome to the world of Estuary V2 Confused
after 3 days with the V2 here is another observation:
that item information went from the right side to the left side in list (and widelist) view is something that I cannot get used to at all, it just stresses the mind.
usually in interfaces the parent is left and the child is right (folder - subfolder; album - tracks). This is what Kodi did before as well. It still does on the home screen.
I think it would be a very good idea to change that back
Reminder:
(2016-11-28, 10:03)jd17 Wrote: [ -> ]Requests for v2:

1. Please bring back the ability to use any background.

(2016-11-24, 23:21)jd17 Wrote: [ -> ]Please bring back the awesome "slide-out" for the currently selected item in Wall view, maybe just as an option if I'm a minority in liking it.

(2016-12-03, 16:18)juramusger Wrote: [ -> ]after 3 days with the V2 here is another observation:
that item information went from the right side to the left side in list (and widelist) view is something that I cannot get used to at all, it just stresses the mind.
usually in interfaces the parent is left and the child is right (folder - subfolder; album - tracks). This is what Kodi did before as well. It still does on the home screen.
I think it would be a very good idea to change that back
InfoWall fell victim to this, too. I'd like to think I could adjust to it if necessary, but really I'd prefer item information to be on the right again.

(2016-11-28, 10:03)jd17 Wrote: [ -> ]Requests for v2:

1. Please bring back the ability to use any background.
I'm surprised this has to be requested. Seems strange that a major Kodi release might not include a custom background option in the default skin.
How come there is so much change to the look of Estuary from Beta 3, 4 to beta 6?

Love the design in Beta 3, 4 but hating the look of Beta 6, please tell thats not going to be the final design?
Latest update is showing 18 alpha 1, so looks like 17 is going as is?
OK had a idea so ill throw it out there, in categories why not just reduce the "In Progress TV Shows" to "In Progress" and "Recently Added TV Shows" to "Recently Added" that way it fits on 1 line then the category icons can be squashed down to fit more of the posters. in tv if you have in progress shows like most do then the rest of Recently added tv shows will show up on the same screen which is great if you only have 1 in progress show you can atleast see more posters and it would look nicer as soon as you scroll down 1 you see it has more content. the names ontop of the posters can stay as they are eg "In progress TV Shows" just the category icons be streamlined to fit more posters per screen. Smile im hoping we could fit 10 items fully on a 16:9 screen but ill settle for 8 Smile right now its 4 and 1/2 of a line.
I'm not sure if this is a skin problem, so please tell me if I should post this somewhere else...

I'm missing the "play disc" option in the main menu when I insert an optical disc. Sure, I know where to find the button to start the disc, but I'd like it to be more visible (like it is in Confluence).
I wondered why everything seemed to go humongous when displayed on my 50" TV...!

Now I see the reason was due to a new revision of Estuary. For me most things on the UI now seem to take up way too much room and so I see less and have to scroll more. I don't like having only a "wide list" viewing option either.

At least there is a modded version of Estuary which is still built on version 1, so it seems.

Sorry for the above sounding negative and I appreciate the work done here but I do wish there was a way to reduce the size of the UI etc back to where it was, or at least have the choice to scale it - not just scale the screen size.
The font size of video listings is inconsistent. For example, for TV Shows, the font size is smaller in the TV Shows and Seasons listing, and the font size is bigger in the Episodes listing. The same smaller font size is also used in the Movies listing.

Maybe the font size in Episodes listings is accidentally wrong, but I like it better. I prefer it to be on all video listings, because it is easier to read from a distance. Perhaps also change those text listings to 'bold' as well for even better readability? Not everyone uses Kodi on a easy-to-see PC/laptop screen.

Also, changing Kodi's GUI languange from Dutch to English also messes with some of the Regional settings.
Region default format changes from 'Central Europe' to 'Australia (12)',
and hence(?) the Time format changes from 'HH : mm : ss' to 'H : mm : ss'.

I can understand why, but it still shouldn't happen.

One more thing: Can the Category Icons at the top of the home screen get some less padding or more vertical space to accomodate for longer foreign translations? Right now, I see a 3-line text on some buttons, making the 3rd line basically invisible.
Like the fact that everything is boxed off.