Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Xpost, not sure if all comments about the skin are made here.
But I filed it as a bug.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2473932

The icon for a file and for a directory is the same, they aught to differ.

A file is selected in this image:

And then a image with a Folder selected:

in 2:17.0~git20160801.0855-alpha3-0xenial it was a folder
in 2:17.0~git20161202.1733-beta6-0xenial the icon is a square.
@phil65 can we hope on some improvments in PVR ??
whole time from Confluence more looking like VideoPlayer than normal PVR/LiveTV

Maybe you can start from main bar view.

here some exmaple
With the latest build (kodi 18.0-alpha1 Git:20161208) I am unable to remove/add sources for pictures
from media settings selecting pictures takes me to the current defined source, with no option to remove or add

Edit: Fixed in the last nightly
Edit2 : Problem is back again (20161210)
(2016-12-09, 19:22)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 08:48)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-09, 00:51)allan87 Wrote: [ -> ]- I, personally, would prefer the "recently watched channels" in the PVR recordings section, to be below recent recordings. Frankly, I don't see how "recently watched channels" belongs here at all - it's the "recordings" tab.
No, it's not. It's actually the "TV" tab, not "recordings".
TV has several tabs - channel list, guide, recordings…. Recently watched channels is, in fact, incongruously in the recordings section.

There are no tabs. Topmost row with channels, guide, recordings etc contains buttons that open windows. If you select them without clicking on them, nothing changes in the area under the top row. The widget are tight to the pvr home screen section, not to any of the buttons in the top row.
I stand corrected. I would, nonetheless, prefer the recent recordings first, above recent channels.

Generally speaking, I find that the mythTV backend/Kodi frontend makes for a really great PVR, but is so-so for live TV. Not Kodi's or Myth's fault, though. My TV's own tuner is better than the HDhomerun, and the channels switch faster without the extra overhead of dealing with three additional external devices.
(2016-12-09, 23:19)eslin Wrote: [ -> ]Xpost, not sure if all comments about the skin are made here.
But I filed it as a bug.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2473932

The icon for a file and for a directory is the same, they aught to differ.

A file is selected in this image:

And then a image with a Folder selected:

in 2:17.0~git20160801.0855-alpha3-0xenial it was a folder
in 2:17.0~git20161202.1733-beta6-0xenial the icon is a square.

+1
It's very hard to navigate through local folders/files without some folder indicator.
i really hate the fade effect top and bottom (bottom more noticeable its too dark the transparency) on the home screen and other media screens. hope you know what i mean. towards the bottom of screen it starts to fade to a darker tone. same with top but it has the clock and info so it looks better the bottom has nothing so you really notice it.
Default backgrounds have terrible banding. Especially when I apply a greyish color tint in settings. You should really think about some dithering.
(2016-12-12, 02:21)oomek Wrote: [ -> ]Default backgrounds have terrible banding. Especially when I apply a greyish color tint in settings. You should really think about some dithering.

Couldn't agree more...
Wouldn't be much of a problem if we could just add our own.
On latest nightly on shield
Couple of questions if you can help, the Radio Section is empty, how do I add radio stations to this section?
Live TV section, added HD Home run, got channels, how can I record something?
(2016-12-12, 02:14)mazey Wrote: [ -> ]i really hate the fade effect top and bottom (bottom more noticeable its too dark the transparency) on the home screen and other media screens. hope you know what i mean. towards the bottom of screen it starts to fade to a darker tone. same with top but it has the clock and info so it looks better the bottom has nothing so you really notice it.

It looks good on my screen.
(2016-12-13, 00:41)Shomei Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-12, 02:14)mazey Wrote: [ -> ]i really hate the fade effect top and bottom (bottom more noticeable its too dark the transparency) on the home screen and other media screens. hope you know what i mean. towards the bottom of screen it starts to fade to a darker tone. same with top but it has the clock and info so it looks better the bottom has nothing so you really notice it.

It looks good on my screen.

you dont see banding lines? look closer heh.
Great progress in the last commits! New backgrounds are awesome.
One request, in the main screen, Music Videos selected, could the thumbnails show the whole picture (like music currently shows)? or at least align the picture to the top, a bunch of heads are cut in my list.

Thanks
The latest nightly has the progress bar showing when playing movies/tv etc.
Cant seem to turn it off

The background (none) is great.
(2016-12-13, 07:37)glubbish Wrote: [ -> ]The background (none) is great.

agree with this, the background pattern set to None, really is great and this has really improved the colours options. I do appreciate the dev team effort that must of gone in for the other background patterns, but they just didn't do anything for me.